Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Mag Extensions


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, fedupflyer said:

New Legion owner here...

 

Which mags and or basepad combos meet the 140 mm requirement?

Go to Springer Precision, they say which base makes 140mm with which tube 17 or 21/22. Might check Taran Tactical too. TT has a sale through tonight, so go burn up those credit cards!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Donald said:

Go to Springer Precision, they say which base makes 140mm with which tube 17 or 21/22. Might check Taran Tactical too. TT has a sale through tonight, so go burn up those credit cards!

 

I am kinda leaning toward the TTI stuff but I was unsure if they would make the 17 rnd mag too long.

Yeah, wanna pick up a couple when they are on-sale (my fav word next to free).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fedupflyer said:

 

I am kinda leaning toward the TTI stuff but I was unsure if they would make the 17 rnd mag too long.

Yeah, wanna pick up a couple when they are on-sale (my fav word next to free).

Well hurry up! Sale ends tonite

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fedupflyer said:

 

I am kinda leaning toward the TTI stuff but I was unsure if they would make the 17 rnd mag too long.

Yeah, wanna pick up a couple when they are on-sale (my fav word next to free).

 

I've got three of the TTI+5 extensions mounted on standard 17 round mags.

They all fit the 141.25 gauge. 

Edited by ddc
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve always been a fan of the TTI pads. Had them for glocks and 2011s. Need to upgrade the ones on my 21 round sig mags. Haven’t done it yet but was unsure if the +2 would still be legal for CO but glad I read through to confirm it does. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, echotango said:

Anyone's tti's not fit the gauge?

 

None of mine do. 

 

What are we talking about here? 17 round mage with + 5 extensions, or the 21 round mags with +2 extensions?  Did you check them with the stock base pads if they were the 21 round mags? My 21 round mags were illegal with the stock plastic Sig base pads.  Typically its the mag tube that needs a bump with the dremel to make them legal when it comes to the 21 round mage tubes with the +2 mag extensions.  Be super careful when doing any modifications with the feed lips.  Let me know if you need more clarification on to what I am talking about.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boomstick303 said:

 

What are we talking about here? 17 round mage with + 5 extensions, or the 21 round mags with +2 extensions?  Did you check them with the stock base pads if they were the 21 round mags? My 21 round mags were illegal with the stock plastic Sig base pads.  Typically its the mag tube that needs a bump with the dremel to make them legal when it comes to the 21 round mage tubes with the +2 mag extensions.  Be super careful when doing any modifications with the feed lips.  Let me know if you need more clarification on to what I am talking about.  

 

Boomstick303,

All my 320 mags with TTI extensions fit the gauge but they are right on the edge.

I'd be very interested to know what you've done with your feed lips as to give myself a little wiggle room.

Thanks.

 

PS: Do you have any pictures?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the TTI +5 and +2 on my 17 and 21 rounders, respectively.  No issues yet, but I've only got a couple of matches on them.  They are VERY tight fully loaded.  I have been going one down just to make it easy.  No stages so far where that one additional round was needed... so far!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ddc said:

 

Boomstick303,

All my 320 mags with TTI extensions fit the gauge but they are right on the edge.

I'd be very interested to know what you've done with your feed lips as to give myself a little wiggle room.

Thanks.

 

PS: Do you have any pictures?

 

 

I will send pics when I get home.  I just bumped the rear corner ever so slightly with a sanding wheel on the dremel.  I mean just touched it, and they all fall into the gage.  Its tight but they all pass.  I have had to do this to about 30% of my 21 round mags.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 12:40 PM, echotango said:

They are 17 with the +5 TTI's. 

What I found was that my older 17 round mags (Made in the USA with circle notch in factory baseplate) did not fit the gauge with TTi or Springer.  The newer mags (Made in Italy with square notch in factory baseplate) all fit the gauge fine with both extensions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumb question time... I have a pile of factory 21rd'ers with the plastic extended base plate. No one's gonna say anything about these at a club match, but in case I accidentally wind up at a Section or Area match next year, I'd like to be 140mm box compliant for Carry Optics.

 

What is the preferred extension at this time? Springer+Grams or TTI? The irony is I don't care about capacity very much, 21 or 22 or 23 rounds isn't a make or break for me given where I am skill-wise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, erwos said:

Dumb question time... I have a pile of factory 21rd'ers with the plastic extended base plate. No one's gonna say anything about these at a club match, but in case I accidentally wind up at a Section or Area match next year, I'd like to be 140mm box compliant for Carry Optics.

 

What is the preferred extension at this time? Springer+Grams or TTI? The irony is I don't care about capacity very much, 21 or 22 or 23 rounds isn't a make or break for me given where I am skill-wise.

I don't know if it's the "Preferred extension" but i sure saw a bunch of TTI 's at the matches..  That's part of the reason I went with them.  The Springer ->needing to drill was a non-starter.  I looked hard at them, I bought their plate to mount my optic. 

Edited by Chutist
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had both, and prefer TTI. But if you don’t care about capacity, save a bunch of $ and just careful make the stock plastic bases compliant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OPENB said:

I’ve had both, and prefer TTI. But if you don’t care about capacity, save a bunch of $ and just careful make the stock plastic bases compliant.

Fair point. I think I'll wind up with the TTIs in the end, though.

 

Thanks to everyone for the advice... I suppose I'll wait for the next TTI sale and pick them up then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, erwos said:

Fair point. I think I'll wind up with the TTIs in the end, though.

 

Thanks to everyone for the advice... I suppose I'll wait for the next TTI sale and pick them up then.

Black Friday has been good at TTi before.... 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...