P320 Mag Extensions

DirectDrive

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, fedupflyer said:

New Legion owner here...

Which mags and or basepad combos meet the 140 mm requirement?

Go to Springer Precision, they say which base makes 140mm with which tube 17 or 21/22. Might check Taran Tactical too. TT has a sale through tonight, so go burn up those credit cards!

2 minutes ago, The Donald said:

Go to Springer Precision, they say which base makes 140mm with which tube 17 or 21/22. Might check Taran Tactical too. TT has a sale through tonight, so go burn up those credit cards!

I am kinda leaning toward the TTI stuff but I was unsure if they would make the 17 rnd mag too long.

Yeah, wanna pick up a couple when they are on-sale (my fav word next to free).

1 minute ago, fedupflyer said:

I am kinda leaning toward the TTI stuff but I was unsure if they would make the 17 rnd mag too long.

Well hurry up! Sale ends tonite

2 hours ago, fedupflyer said:

I've got three of the TTI+5 extensions mounted on standard 17 round mags.

They all fit the 141.25 gauge. 

Edited by ddc

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, echotango said:

Anyone's tti's not fit the gauge?

None of mine do. 

What are we talking about here? 17 round mage with + 5 extensions, or the 21 round mags with +2 extensions?  Did you check them with the stock base pads if they were the 21 round mags? My 21 round mags were illegal with the stock plastic Sig base pads.  Typically its the mag tube that needs a bump with the dremel to make them legal when it comes to the 21 round mage tubes with the +2 mag extensions.  Be super careful when doing any modifications with the feed lips.  Let me know if you need more clarification on to what I am talking about.  

1 hour ago, Boomstick303 said:

What are we talking about here? 17 round mage with + 5 extensions, or the 21 round mags with +2 extensions?  Did you check them with the stock base pads if they were the 21 round mags? My 21 round mags were illegal with the stock plastic Sig base pads.  Typically its the mag tube that needs a bump with the dremel to make them legal when it comes to the 21 round mage tubes with the +2 mag extensions.  Be super careful when doing any modifications with the feed lips.  Let me know if you need more clarification on to what I am talking about.  

Boomstick303,

All my 320 mags with TTI extensions fit the gauge but they are right on the edge.

I'd be very interested to know what you've done with your feed lips as to give myself a little wiggle room.

Thanks.

PS: Do you have any pictures?

I have the TTI +5 and +2 on my 17 and 21 rounders, respectively.  No issues yet, but I've only got a couple of matches on them.  They are VERY tight fully loaded.  I have been going one down just to make it easy.  No stages so far where that one additional round was needed... so far!

4 hours ago, ddc said:

Boomstick303,

All my 320 mags with TTI extensions fit the gauge but they are right on the edge.

I'd be very interested to know what you've done with your feed lips as to give myself a little wiggle room.

Thanks.

PS: Do you have any pictures?

I will send pics when I get home.  I just bumped the rear corner ever so slightly with a sanding wheel on the dremel.  I mean just touched it, and they all fall into the gage.  Its tight but they all pass.  I have had to do this to about 30% of my 21 round mags.

On 9/29/2020 at 12:40 PM, echotango said:

They are 17 with the +5 TTI's. 

What I found was that my older 17 round mags (Made in the USA with circle notch in factory baseplate) did not fit the gauge with TTi or Springer.  The newer mags (Made in Italy with square notch in factory baseplate) all fit the gauge fine with both extensions.

Dumb question time... I have a pile of factory 21rd'ers with the plastic extended base plate. No one's gonna say anything about these at a club match, but in case I accidentally wind up at a Section or Area match next year, I'd like to be 140mm box compliant for Carry Optics.

What is the preferred extension at this time? Springer+Grams or TTI? The irony is I don't care about capacity very much, 21 or 22 or 23 rounds isn't a make or break for me given where I am skill-wise.

2 hours ago, erwos said:

Dumb question time... I have a pile of factory 21rd'ers with the plastic extended base plate. No one's gonna say anything about these at a club match, but in case I accidentally wind up at a Section or Area match next year, I'd like to be 140mm box compliant for Carry Optics.

What is the preferred extension at this time? Springer+Grams or TTI? The irony is I don't care about capacity very much, 21 or 22 or 23 rounds isn't a make or break for me given where I am skill-wise.

I don't know if it's the "Preferred extension" but i sure saw a bunch of TTI 's at the matches..  That's part of the reason I went with them.  The Springer ->needing to drill was a non-starter.  I looked hard at them, I bought their plate to mount my optic. 

Edited by Chutist

11 hours ago, OPENB said:

I’ve had both, and prefer TTI. But if you don’t care about capacity, save a bunch of $ and just careful make the stock plastic bases compliant.

Fair point. I think I'll wind up with the TTIs in the end, though.

Thanks to everyone for the advice... I suppose I'll wait for the next TTI sale and pick them up then.

4 hours ago, erwos said:

Fair point. I think I'll wind up with the TTIs in the end, though.

Thanks to everyone for the advice... I suppose I'll wait for the next TTI sale and pick them up then.

Black Friday has been good at TTi before.... 😉

• 5 months later...

I am a new P320 owner, I have been a huge Glock fan boy for years and use TTI +6 (9mm) base pads on my Glock mags.  I keep seeing lots of people on this thread saying they are using a +5 TTI base pad, so you are only running 22 round magazines, 22 + 1 ?  

Then with regards to the 21 round mags, it seems a +2 TTI will get you 23+1, which is what I am used to with my 17 round Glock mags.

Also, before I purchase more mags, do I just need to hold out and wait until some 21 round magazines come available?

On 10/7/2020 at 12:51 PM, regor said:

Has anyone tried the Henning basepads for the P320? Looks like they only make 140mm extensions for the 17 round mags. 

You might have already figured this out, but if you have not.

Adding the Henning base pads to 17 Round Sig P320 magazines gets you to 23 round reliably, and has room on the measurement gage to spare.  Unlike adding TTI base pads to 21 Round Sig P320 magazines where I have to remove some material for them to pass the measurement gage on about 50% of the magazines.

Edited by Boomstick303