Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Mag Extensions

DirectDrive

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henning and TTI are equally good. I prefer Henning, but only because I like the rest of his product line and want to support.

Springer extensions are not great. You have to cut a notch on the bottom of the mag and use an Allen key to install / remove.

I like the Hennings. I used his stuff on other platforms and liked it so did the same when I got my Legion.

I'll be curious if Zev makes a basepad soon now that they released some 320 models.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I just got some +5 TTI for my 17 stock mags. I really like how easy it is to take apart to clean. 2 ranges that host local matches have sand bays so I always end up cleaning whatever mag I drop. I got some Springer for my TSO, they’re built well but a pain to take apart to clean and very easy to strip a screw. 
oh and the TTI comes with +10% spring which is nice 

I’ve used TTI and Springer, both are good. I don’t have direct experience with them personally but several people I trust have very good things to say about Shield Arms extensions as well, I’ll likely be trying those next time I get additional mags

I’ve had a time with my p320 mags. I like the TTI and Henning basepads best. However, even with grams spring/follower I still only get 20 in my 17rd with the +5 TTI basepad and 22 reloadable with the 21rd mags and the +2 tti basepad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, jwilkinson6 said:

I’ve had a time with my p320 mags. I like the TTI and Henning basepads best. However, even with grams spring/follower I still only get 20 in my 17rd with the +5 TTI basepad and 22 reloadable with the 21rd mags and the +2 tti basepad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the spring is not completely seated in the 17rd + TTI+5 basepad then it will only accept 20, maybe 21.

The only way I have been able to do that is to make sure the spring is all the way into the basepad and then pull the pad towards the rear until you can push it up a bit to get it lined up with the tube wings.

It will seem like you are putting a lot of lateral stress on the spring and making it do something it doesn't really want to do.

I'd guess that something similar needs to be done with the 21rd + TTI+2 pads but I don't have that configuration.

If someone has a better way to do it I'd love to hear about it.

I haven’t had to do any magic with TTI and Gram’s with 21 round mags.  I have 2 of these and one is a little easier than the other but they both work.   I only load to 23 (plus 1) when I have to just to be safe, but they have both never malfunctioned.

I’ve had the same problem with Springer and TTI basepads, where the Grams spring gets caught up on the transition point and you can only get 20ish rounds loaded. You just have to experiment with it a few times until you get the spring to drop into the bottom of the extension. Once that happens you get 23 rounds easily reloadable

2 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

I’ve had the same problem with Springer and TTI basepads, where the Grams spring gets caught up on the transition point and you can only get 20ish rounds loaded. You just have to experiment with it a few times until you get the spring to drop into the bottom of the extension. Once that happens you get 23 rounds easily reloadable

It's sort of like it either works correctly and you get 23 without a lot of heartache or it doesn't work and you have to fight to get 20.

I bought Grams followers and TTI +5 base pads. I have a hell of a time getting 22-23 rounds in my mags for CO. I reached out to both Grams and TTI for help/recommendations and they both pointed fingers to the other. I wasn't asking for any kind of refund, just recommendations or help.  Never again, no matter the cost I will give another company my money.

I am guessing they are like Tanfos.  With Henning +5 base pads I could never consistently get them to run with any springs and followers.   It didn’t matter which brand basepads, people had to work on them to get them to run.   I would bet the manufacturers of the mags don’t get the tolerances tight enough because they didn’t design the mag to run with different larger basepads.  Since this has been a problem on multiple platforms and brands I don’t blame Henning, TTI, Taylor for these problems because they can’t control the mag body.   I would love to see one of these guys make the entire mag.   I bet you wouldn’t see these issues.  If there was an issue, you would know exactly who to blame.

On 8/2/2020 at 5:24 PM, ddc said:

It's sort of like it either works correctly and you get 23 without a lot of heartache or it doesn't work and you have to fight to get 20.

Even when I’ve had problems I’ve been able to get all of mine to eventually allow the full capacity, you just have to finesse it a bit and do some trial and error

6 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Even when I’ve had problems I’ve been able to get all of mine to eventually allow the full capacity, you just have to finesse it a bit and do some trial and error

I agree, now that I know how to get the spring seated correctly mine will all load to 23 with grams followers/springs.

Edited by ddc

• 1 month later...

So...running into a failure to feed problem with the TTI+5 pads and the Grams follower/spring.

This is after around 500 rounds on the magazine.

It seems as the follower is presenting the first bullet from a full mag a little nose low and it's hanging on the feedramp.

Not all the time but often enough.

I thought I'd traced it to mags and a gun that were a couple hundred rounds past their "clean me!" date.

But yesterday with a clean gun and clean mags and mags that I cleaned after each stage I had three FTF.

This morning I replaced the Grams follower/spring with the factory follower and the TTI spring that came with the +5 base pad.

I can only load 22 rounds with that configuration but I could not replicate the problem. 

I'm going to ditch the Grams follower and spring until I have more time to debug this.