Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Trigger


Recommended Posts

I just got a gen5, 34 mos. I think the issue is the new trigger set up. I tried about every combination of connectors, recoil, and striker springs, and could not get below 3 lbs. either the slide would not go fully into battery, or trigger would not reset. It would take me too long of a post to go through everything that I tried. So this is what worked for me. A 15lb recoil spring, and a 5lb striker spring. With that set up everything works as it should. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Trevarm said:

Just got a Johnny Glock trigger. Not sure what everyone is raving about. Very short take-up and overtravel, but the trigger is heavier than stock. This was after i sent the trigger back the first time because the trigger would not break. I contacted Johnny Glock and he said that the trigger not breaking sometimes happens with Gen 5 glocks. 

 

I guess I will keep contacting him. I get it won't ever be super crisp, single action trigger, but i was expecting an improvement over a stock trigger. 

 

I have another Glock 34 with a Vogel trigger in it. The Vogel trigger is leaps and bounds better. 

What do you like about the Vogel trigger?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flea said:

What do you like about the Vogel trigger?

 

Lighter than stock, defined wall, very little over travel. Its nothing crazy compared to stock, but it was an improvement.  

 

My main complaint about the Johnny Glock trigger is that it really isn't anything better than a stock trigger. There is less take up and less over travel, but it is heavy. 

Edited by Trevarm
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Trevarm said:

Just got a Johnny Glock trigger. Not sure what everyone is raving about. Very short take-up and overtravel, but the trigger is heavier than stock. This was after i sent the trigger back the first time because the trigger would not break. I contacted Johnny Glock and he said that the trigger not breaking sometimes happens with Gen 5 glocks. 

 

I guess I will keep contacting him. I get it won't ever be super crisp, single action trigger, but i was expecting an improvement over a stock trigger. 

 

I have another Glock 34 with a Vogel trigger in it. The Vogel trigger is leaps and bounds better. 

What trigger pull weight are you getting when measuring on the Johnny Glock?

I don't recall what connectors he uses in each kit but I know my finger perceives a big difference between a minus and a dot connector but my trigger pull gauge didn't show a big difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Trevarm said:

 

Lighter than stock, defined wall, very little over travel. Its nothing crazy compared to stock, but it was an improvement.  

 

My main complaint about the Johnny Glock trigger is that it really isn't anything better than a stock trigger. There is less take up and less over travel, but it is heavy. 

You must have the stock striker spring in the pistol.  I've got two of his complete triggers in two G45s.  I've got the combat trigger in my work gun.  Super short, pre travel, over travel and reset.  Still pretty heavy.  Probably my favorite Glock trigger.  I have his full blown competition trigger in my CO G45.  It's short like the combat trigger, but much lighter and kinda mushy, even with a 4.5# striker spring.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using the 4.5 spring. I just checked the weight in a Lyman trigger pull gauge. 

 

Johnny Glock competition trigger with 4.5 spring= 5 pound pull. 

 

I am pretty disappointed to say the least. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Trevarm said:

I am using the 4.5 spring. I just checked the weight in a Lyman trigger pull gauge. 

 

Johnny Glock competition trigger with 4.5 spring= 5 pound pull. 

 

I am pretty disappointed to say the least. 

If give him a call, that doesn't sound right at all.  Did you prep the frame, maybe its hanging up on something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Trevarm said:

I am using the 4.5 spring. I just checked the weight in a Lyman trigger pull gauge. 

 

Johnny Glock competition trigger with 4.5 spring= 5 pound pull. 

 

I am pretty disappointed to say the least. 

 

The JG competition trigger in my G45 is about 2 pounds lighter than yours.

You need to sell me that awful trigger at a big discount.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, usmc1094 said:

If give him a call, that doesn't sound right at all.  Did you prep the frame, maybe its hanging up on something. 

 

 

I emailed him. He sad he was going to get back to me with some ideas. 

 

No prep, just a brand new stock glock 34. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Trevarm said:

 

 

I emailed him. He sad he was going to get back to me with some ideas. 

 

No prep, just a brand new stock glock 34. 

He has a video on YouTube showing how to get the frame ready for his trigger.  He's a good guy, and he will make sure you're happy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

My preference is just polish parts, lighter connector, and lighten the striker spring slightly, you are not going to get a da/sa quality trigger. As mentioned before all guns are different and some parts work better in one gun and not well in another, if you want to swap parts get several different kinds. Trigger weight matters less, practice and dry fire matters more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I started installing a trigger housing with over travel stop in my competition Glocks and I like them. It seems after many, many years of buying everyone’s trigger kit under the sun you just can’t beat a Wolff competition spring pack ($9) and a Glock trigger housing with over travel stop (approx $15).

But, since I can’t leave well enough alone, and I happen to be a fan, I also add an Apex trigger with Gen3 trigger bar to the mix. This is for my Gen3 and gen4 Glocks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 5:10 PM, B_RAD said:

I feel we need a mandatory Glock starter  thread. 
 

“You want to shoot a Glock? Read this!”

 

Glocks will never have as good as a trigger as a SA gun. I just saved you a crap ton of time. Now go practice. 
 

wish I would have seen that (and believed it) when I first started. I’d be a decent shooter by now!

You're right. Save money and buy a real gun and not some plastic toy😉😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:


You’re saying that to a guy who wins matches with a damn Canik. 😂😂😂

😀😀😀 it's not the arrow that wins.😉

Edited by yigal
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, so far no luck. I had not heard back from Johnny Glock, so I called him. No answer, but he texted me and said that if my trigger isn't working its a problem with my gun. My gun is a brand new gen 5 glock 34. The only after market part of the gun is his trigger. He says he will call me later today....

 

 

UPDATE: he never called. 

 

 

Definitely not the product or experience I have read about with Johnny Glock on here.  

 

Looking at Glock talk it appears I am not the only one to have issues. 

Edited by Trevarm
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2020 at 11:33 AM, Sethdaniel05 said:

Also having a loaded mag in a Glock changes the trigger feel a little. You need upward pressure on the slide to check engagement and to give you real world feel.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 For years I've read posts on countless threads and that's the first time I've seen that mentioned. A trigger can feel alot different with a full magazine. I've also watched people looking to buy, dry fire polymer pistols of all types in gun shops without a magazine to get an idea what the trigger is going to be like.

 If I'm going to buy a pistol I'll take a magazine full of snap caps and ask to load up a mag first.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2020 at 9:05 PM, Trevarm said:

 

Lighter than stock, defined wall, very little over travel. Its nothing crazy compared to stock, but it was an improvement.  

 

My main complaint about the Johnny Glock trigger is that it really isn't anything better than a stock trigger. There is less take up and less over travel, but it is heavy. 

 

interesting. I have a Vogel Trigger and a Johnny Glocks trigger/striker in two Gen5 G34s. Both are 4.5# strikers I believe. Both are the same pull weight around 3lbs. The JG is a little more of a rolling break and Vogels is a little crisper -but there's really not much difference between the two to be honest. But both definitely better than stock.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 12:08 PM, hermes_actual said:

Anyone running a Vanek GSSF or Level 1 Trigger Kit in a Gen 5?

I have Vanek GSSF Master trigger on my Gen5 G-34 carry optics setup. Like it a lot. Have pre and over travel adjustable housing too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, paulc said:

I have Vanek GSSF Master trigger on my Gen5 G-34 carry optics setup. Like it a lot. Have pre and over travel adjustable housing too. 

Thanks. I went with the Level 1 on the same gun. I haven't gotten to the range yet, but it feels great in dry practice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 9:29 AM, Tnbb33 said:

My preference is just polish parts, lighter connector, and lighten the striker spring slightly, you are not going to get a da/sa quality trigger. As mentioned before all guns are different and some parts work better in one gun and not well in another, if you want to swap parts get several different kinds. Trigger weight matters less, practice and dry fire matters more.

 

I have never seen anyone shoot a 6# trigger better than a 3# trigger in the same pistol. YMMV

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...