Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FTP Alpha 3 8 MOA mounted on Honcho

chgofirefighter

8 MOA at it's lowest setting, bright, super crisp red dot~  had to do a little fitting on the optic mount due to the FTP housing being a tad bit wider but it was a simple process that a dremel can fix easily~ Overall, impressive RDS now I hope it last!!! 😉

FTP 2.jpeg

FTP red dot .jpeg

FTP 1.jpeg

FTP mounted.jpeg

FTP red dot 2.jpeg

How efficient is your comp? Does it need to be all that good because of all the weight in the frame? I am kicking around the idea of ordering a Honcho. Yours is awesome looking.

6 hours ago, Eman said:

How efficient is your comp? Does it need to be all that good because of all the weight in the frame? I am kicking around the idea of ordering a Honcho. Yours is awesome looking.

Haven't tested the 9mm Single port comp nor the 9mm 3 port comp, need to load some ammo and do some testing. Power factor varies by type of barrel,  twist rate, comp and or poppa  holes.  

5 hours ago, jose121962 said:

That comp is for shooting 163  power and lower. Even box stock ammo

What ammo are you shooting to make that determination?  Also, is the ammo commercial ammo, specialty loaded or?  9mm Single port is not made to shoot major ammo but 9mm minor and this setup is mainly used to shoot steel and that's a totally different game.

However, one can practice with the 9mm single port to keep ammo cost down and shoot the 9mm 3 port barrel when shooting major ammo~ 

Back on track....haha. I have two of these optics and really do love them. Coming from the Romeo3 Max they are so similar. Waiting for stock to build up so I can get another! 

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick note to let people know that we will have the optics back in stock towards the end of September! You can order on our web site and we will ship them out in the order they come in.

There is also another new review posted by a customer on our facebook and  instagram pages.

On 7/25/2020 at 4:35 PM, Eman said:

Lots of R&D went into building this firearm platform so far it has ran flawlessly, comp, etc runs superb~ 

10 hours ago, jose121962 said:

I agree got one in 8moa dot is bright no wash out issues 

You can point it at the sun and still see it. I am going to use these exclusively over the Sig Romeo3 Max I’ve been using. They are that good!

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

You can point it at the sun and still see it. I am going to use these exclusively over the Sig Romeo3 Max I’ve been using. They are that good!

Prices being equal would you make the same choice?

4 minutes ago, clw42 said:

Prices being equal would you make the same choice?

I think so. After using both for some time I really prefer the Alpha3. Haven’t heard of many issues with them either although Sig has sold many many more optics. 

38 minutes ago, Posvar said:

I think so. After using both for some time I really prefer the Alpha3. Haven’t heard of many issues with them either although Sig has sold many many more optics. 

Good to know, thanks!

1 hour ago, texasdawg said:

The Sig Romeo3 XL does have a bigger window. Just one point to know. A different higher price range, though,,, my FTP 8moa is still rocking along on my slide of my Sig X5/Legion hybrid,,,

How many rounds?