Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When people misuse the left lane of the interstate

OnnaBugeisha

Two examples from today:

1. 70 mph speed limit.  Truck going 67 mph in the middle lane passing truck going  66.8 mph in the far right lane. Truck pulling a camper in the far left lane not passing anybody. Just hanging out in the far left lane, speed fluctuating between 64 and 74 mph. OMG. Get out of the left lane already!

2.  70 mph speed limit. Far left lane moving fine, just at or slightly above 70 mph. Everybody in the left lane sees a trooper in the median, and everybody slows down to 62 mph. In a 70. Like seriously, do you think you’re earning bonus points or something that you can apply later when the trooper’s buddy clocks you doing 80 in a 70?  🤣🤣🤣

3. Tractor / trailer in right lane, oblivious idiot in left lane matching semi's speed, with a line of 30 vehicles stacked up behind.

4. Trooper has a car pulled over, and everybody driving slows to ten under, like said trooper is going to drop what he is doing and chase them down instead.

For the record, left lane bandits should be handed over to ISIS or Al Queda for proper punishment.

@JWBaldree 5. Road construction signs for a mile saying “left lane ends”.  People trying to squish in front of me at the last possible second.  Uh, you saw the same signs I did, buddy.  Plenty of room for you to merge in behind me instead of trying to wreck into the front end of my vehicle. 

Have seen it myself and have talked to trucker friends about it - when they get bored, they'll often run side by side at 68 or 70 and let cars stack up behind them.  When they think people are pissed off enough, one will tell the other on the CB that he's going to pull ahead of the other to let the cars pass.  Then, they get a big laugh out of people shaking their fists at them, flippin' them off, etc.  

I'm happy to say that Georgia did pass their "Left Lane Lurker" law a couple of years ago. And yes, the state troopers do enforce it (not enough to my liking but it's better than nothing). In the first 6 months of 2019 they wrote something like 270 tickets for it.

They've shared a number bodycam video of incredulous drivers asking, "You mean, if I'm in the left lane doing the speed limit and someone behind me is speeding, IS BREAKING THE LAW, I have to move over and let them pass??!" 

Correct. Sign here.

10 hours ago, mvmojo said:

Have seen it myself and have talked to trucker friends about it - when they get bored, they'll often run side by side at 68 or 70 and let cars stack up behind them.  When they think people are pissed off enough, one will tell the other on the CB that he's going to pull ahead of the other to let the cars pass.  Then, they get a big laugh out of people shaking their fists at them, flippin' them off, etc.  

I don't know of ANY truck drivers that do that. If your friend does it, he's an amateur and has no business being a PROFESSIONAL driver.

Well, one of them had over 5 million miles on the road without a chargeable incident so I wouldn't call that an amateur.  Professional or not, I've personally seen it happen on multiple occasions on interstate highways, as recently as 6 weeks ago on I-95.  Get a CB and listen in.  You'd be surprised what "professionals" do on the road.

I have a CB. And I'm a professional. What your friend does is amateur, I don't care how many miles he has.

And I have seen trucks run side by side for miles it's not because they're playing childish games, though usually almost as bad. It's usually because one truck caught the other as it came down an on ramp and both trucks have governors set at the same speed. In those cases the truck that came down the ramp SHOULD back off and let the other truck go but again childish games comes into play and neither wants to give in. I've been in that situation and if it was me merging, I back off for a few seconds and let him go. He gave me the courtesy of moving over to let me merge, I return the favor and don't leave him hanging in the left lane.

Your friend is a childish narcissist and won't be driving long if he keeps playing that game. Remember, Cops monitor the CB too.

This Hate rant has turned into a discussion, which is beyond the bounds of the rules for the Hate Forum. Thus, it must be closed.Please review the Hate Forum Rules:http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097[note: this is a generic response]