Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Having sights added to my Glock 22 Gen 4 today. Talked with the local gunsmith about trigger work. He said they have different Glock connector options, but routinely recommend a polish along with a Ghost connector. My current stock trigger has a crunchy uptake,  a solid wall with just bit of mush before a firm, crisp break. The reset isn’t bad at all, quick and crisp break. It is definitely more firm, crisp and audible than my Gen 5 17, but also a heavier trigger than the 17

From what I can tell in reading, the Ghost should lower the trigger pull but create more of a soft, rolling break? Does this sound correct? 

Whether or not it helps with accuracy or speed, I’ll have to see. 

I run a Rocket connector in my Production G34gen3 and couldn't be happier.  As Cherokee says, takes alittle bit of time to fit but can make a sizable difference.  The angle on the connector will help create that rolling break but the pull weight can be equal parts connector geometry, trigger bar surface drag and spring weight.

Ghost connector now installed and trigger parts smoothed and polished. Meh... not much difference at all in dry fire. Reset is a bit shorter and it may be a little less crisp, signifying a slightly lighter pull. But other than the bit of shorter reset and break point, no big difference. 

I’ll shoot it and see if there is any difference after a couple of hundered rounds. May needs springs or a different connector to really notice  anything. I’ll probably be more accurate because of the sights as fiber optics improve my shooting more than anything.

Tried about every major manufacturer of connectors there is. When it comes to connectors Glock has their s—-t together. A good polish job and their minus, or dot connector cannot be beat. The only other connector that’s as good is the TTI. Change the safety plunger spring, and polish the trigger bar, change the striker spring to a 4.5 lb. and your good to go. The minus will give you a rolling break, the dot a nice crisp break that is not as heavy as the 5.5.

Posted (edited)

The slide was more difficult to rack after the installation. He noticed my difficulty and said it would be tight until I had shot some rounds through it. He pointed to a waxy compound coating the trigger bar that he used as a coating on the components. Not sure what it was but he said it would smooth out after going to the range. Seemed odd to me but I could clearly see and feel the coating. Seemed as if he brought out a shine to the components and then added the compound. 

Edited by Stafford

I just installed a Ghost connector and a 5# FPS and polished all trigger components in an old Glock for a friend.

The trigger pull weight was 6#  and it is now 4#.

The slide was more difficult to rack after the installation.

This is normally caused by a connector that is bent too far out. If you pull the trigger housing assembly out look to see how much of a gap is between the back of the connector and the trigger housing. You should just be able to slide a piece of notebook paper between the housing and the connector. If it's bent too far out it will drag on the slide which will cause it to be difficult to rack.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, jubi351 said:

This is normally caused by a connector that is bent too far out. If you pull the trigger housing assembly out look to see how much of a gap is between the back of the connector and the trigger housing. You should just be able to slide a piece of notebook paper between the housing and the connector. If it's bent too far out it will drag on the slide which will cause it to be difficult to rack.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I’ll see if after the compound wears off that it slides smoother. If not, I’ll take it back to the gunsmith that installed it. 

If it is not a carry gun I would drop a TTI grandmaster kit in.  There around $40.  I really like the TTI connectors too.  Or you could add a Wolff competition spring kit.  Those kits may not ignite all primers.

The Ghost Edge connector is the one with the rolling break, that's what I have in my Glocks.  As others mentioned, you may have to play with the bend angle of the connector to make it work right with your Glock. Here's a comparison chart of the different connectors.

https://ghostinc.com/the-pistol/ghost-manufactured-parts/ghost-connectors/glock-connectors/comparision-chart/

The minus will give you a rolling break, the dot a nice crisp break that is not as heavy as the 5.5.

Are you saying that the dot has a wall and the minus has no/little wall?

I ended up removing the minus from my G34.5 and going with TTI for more wall.
9 hours ago, OdinIII said:

Yes, the dot is not as pronounced as the 5.5, and the minus has very little. There’s only so much you can do to a connector. The “ramp” on the connector is what does it. As the bird beak on the trigger bar hits the ramp it’s forced down and the sear releases the striker. If that angle is steep the beak hits and drops fast. If the angle is gradual the beak travels a longer distance before it drops off, resulting in a rolling break.

Are you saying that the dot has a wall and the minus has no/little wall?

I ended up removing the minus from my G34.5 and going with TTI for more wall.

For those of you with the TTI connector, how does it compare to the factory Glock connector?  I'm personally not a fan of the (-) connectors rolling break and like the hard wall.

I currently have a stock 5.5lb connector but am looking for a little lighter feel.

I have measured and drawn and copied the TTI against the minus and could see no difference. Taran uses some kind of finish on them. However they break a little further back than the minus. It is definitely a rolling break with a slight wall. When they first came out I sent one back as it almost ran out of travel before it broke. But they are fine now. It’s all geometry, as the angle goes more to horizontal the pull lessens, but the travel is longer. As the angle goes more vertical the pull raises, shorter distance and it breaks cleaner.

Edited by rooster
Add text
2 minutes ago, rooster said:

I have measured and drawn and copied the TTI against the minus and could see no difference. Taran uses some kind of finish on them. However they break a little further back than the minus. It is definitely a rolling break with a slight wall. When they first came out I sent one back as it almost ran out of travel before it broke. But they are fine now.

It seems like a lot of people use some copy of the OEM Minus to build their kits.  

I've been doing a pretty deep dive into this as I want the lighter trigger pull but love having a wall that snaps as opposed to 1/4 or so of squishiness of a Minus Connector.  I haven't quite found my answer yet.  I'm also looking at Johnny Glocks stuff.

10 minutes ago, Edwards30 said:

It seems like a lot of people use some copy of the OEM Minus to build their kits.  

I've been doing a pretty deep dive into this as I want the lighter trigger pull but love having a wall that snaps as opposed to 1/4 or so of squishiness of a Minus Connector.  I haven't quite found my answer yet.  I'm also looking at Johnny Glocks stuff.

Johnny Glock is a freaking ocd animal on Glock triggers. I have learned so much from his videos. He should charge money for all the info he gives out for free. Try the dot connector, has a pretty good wall and a very good let off.

2 hours ago, Edwards30 said:

Have you tried an OEM "." (dot) connector? Standard in the Gen4s. Sounds like it may be more in line with what you're looking for.

17 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

Have you tried an OEM "." (dot) connector? Standard in the Gen4s. Sounds like it may be more in line with what you're looking for.

I actually haven’t. I may try that out. Any idea what the pull weight is compared to the factory (-)?

The dot is sort of a mid-point between the standard and minus connectors. Has a little more of a wall and a much snappier reset than a minus. 

54 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

The dot is sort of a mid-point between the standard and minus connectors. Has a little more of a wall and a much snappier reset than a minus. 

Got it, I will go ahead and order one.  Are they still using the Minus connectors in gen 4/5 g34?  It is always strange to me all are listed as the same trigger pull weight but the competition one is more spongy.

On 7/24/2020 at 8:21 AM, Stafford said:

Having sights added to my Glock 22 Gen 4 today. Talked with the local gunsmith about trigger work. He said they have different Glock connector options, but routinely recommend a polish along with a Ghost connector. My current stock trigger has a crunchy uptake,  a solid wall with just bit of mush before a firm, crisp break. The reset isn’t bad at all, quick and crisp break. It is definitely more firm, crisp and audible than my Gen 5 17, but also a heavier trigger than the 17

From what I can tell in reading, the Ghost should lower the trigger pull but create more of a soft, rolling break? Does this sound correct? 

Whether or not it helps with accuracy or speed, I’ll have to see. 

I have a Ghost 3.5 connector. Putting it next to my OEM (-) they are near identical but the Ghost connectors tab is slightly longer.

16 minutes ago, Edwards30 said:

Got it, I will go ahead and order one.  Are they still using the Minus connectors in gen 4/5 g34?  It is always strange to me all are listed as the same trigger pull weight but the competition one is more spongy.

That's an, "it depends".

The Blue Label 34/35 guns don't come with minus connectors. The Red and White label guns are supposed to.

I used to have the same impression of minus connectors. Yes, they do feel mushy, if you're trying to 'stack' the trigger. I used to try to do that until I got some advice against that practice. If you just pull straight through the trigger once it starts moving, a minus connector is not an issue.