Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FTP Alpha 3 mounting issues

chgofirefighter

Just received my open gun yesterday, I went to install the FTP Alpha 3 optic and unfortunately the optic mount blast shield does not allow me enough clearance to install.  The blast shield needs a bit of more clearance, need to modify the blast shield or find another solution.  The optic mount is made for the C-More RTS2 and they both share the same foot print, so???

Anyone else has encountered mounting issues?  If so chime in, thanks~!  

20 minutes ago, chgofirefighter said:

Just received my open gun yesterday, I went to install the FTP Alpha 3 optic and unfortunately the optic mount blast shield does not allow me enough clearance to install.  The blast shield needs a bit of more clearance, need to modify the blast shield or find another solution.  The optic mount is made for the C-More RTS2 and they both share the same foot print, so???

I believe the Alpha 3 is the same length as the Romeo3Max (and the Romeo3XL)...........all 3 of those red dots although sharing the same hole mounting pattern as the RTS2 are slightly longer in total footprint at the front by about 1/8 inch.........therefore any mount designed for the Romeo3Max or Romeo3XL (NOT the RTS2) SHOULD work well with the Alpha 3

I know some people that use that optic on the rts2 mount, they have to modify the mount and Dremel right where the ramp starts going up so the optic can fit on that front end where that extra material is at.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

When using the Alpha 3 or one of the Sig Romeo 3 models on a Cheely or similar RTS2 mount you will need to relieve the inside edge of the blast shield.  A couple of previous post have shown how to do.  Couple of people bevel in the edge of the sight but you better of working on the cheaper part.  I used a mill to do mine but you can also relieve with a Dremel and files carefully.  It doesn’t take much.

On 7/23/2020 at 12:36 PM, chgofirefighter said:

Yes does not fit my mount either

On 7/25/2020 at 8:07 PM, race1911 said:

FTP  is one of the very few Companies around that keeps people quickly informed on what's going on with their product and purchases..........Thumbs up to Phil !!

Yep! Phil is awesome and the optic is even better and better looking :)