Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 P-01 optic cut

Eli_a

Has anyone gotten their Cz 75 P01 cut for an optic from Cajun Gun works ? Been thinking of getting one but would like to get an rmr put on it. Pics on google make it seem that it sits too high 

I am getting ready to do the same and considering CZC.  I am also using a RMR Type 2 which I already have.  I looked at CGW and also Primary Machine.  I think you can only go so low with a SP or P-01 since it has a firing pin block.  It looks like a Shadow or Shadow 2 slide can be cut much deeper to get the sight down lower. 

I've had multiple decocker CZ's milled by Primary Machine. Fantastic work, absolutely impeccable, great height in the slide, etc. Nothing but good things to say about them and their work. They're also an Enos forum sponsor and have a 10% discount code. At least, I think they did. @PrimaryBruce is that still going on?

Haven't had a P01 done.  Did get a CZ75 Compact done for a DP Pro.  Done by Primary Machine a couple years ago.  The big/full size red dots look really awkward on a CZ75 Slide.  I'm looking to get one of the new holosuns (the small ones) and have it put on my P01 Omega in the next few months.  Should be a much better fit.

IMG_0334.JPG

Edited by M1A4ME

12 hours ago, ML123 said:

I am getting ready to do the same and considering CZC.  I am also using a RMR Type 2 which I already have.  I looked at CGW and also Primary Machine.  I think you can only go so low with a SP or P-01 since it has a firing pin block.  It looks like a Shadow or Shadow 2 slide can be cut much deeper to get the sight down lower. 

That’s what I’m worried about, with not enough “room” to cut, it might sit too high for concealed carry. For the SP it might not be too bad since it’s not really a CC gun

11 hours ago, ClangClang said:

I've had multiple decocker CZ's milled by Primary Machine. Fantastic work, absolutely impeccable, great height in the slide, etc. Nothing but good things to say about them and their work. They're also an Enos forum sponsor and have a 10% discount code. At least, I think they did. @PrimaryBruce is that still going on?

I’ve heard great things about them too. What Czs and red dots did you use ? 

3 hours ago, M1A4ME said:

Haven't had a P01 done.  Did get a CZ75 Compact done for a DP Pro.  Done by Primary Machine a couple years ago.  The big/full size red dots look really awkward on a CZ75 Slide.  I'm looking to get one of the new holosuns (the small ones) and have it put on my P01 Omega in the next few months.  Should be a much better fit.

IMG_0334.JPG

Are you thinking about using the 507K? Their miniature one I guess

Pretty common for us to mill is for the 1911 Trijicon plate or the CZC RDS plate cut.

both have been working well on the P01 and other CZs.

im having a compact slide direct milled for a 507K to see how well that works.

Here is my PCR with a trijicon plate and RMR. This was done by CZ Custom though I had Primary Machine do my SP-01. I wouldn’t hesitate to use either again. Great companies 

233448D0-FA1C-4C36-970E-4D9BB4E3D303.jpeg.5939ca0c2c55ef37bdb980c44243fa2c.jpeg

Edited by Blue Jacket

I spoke with CGW today and got some more insight.  Yes the Shadow line slides are milled deeper than ones with FPB.  CGW does however mill theirs differently than Primary and CZC from what they said.  The baseplate they make for the RMR actually has a channel cut in it for the firing pin pin.  I am not sure about CZC but primary machine does not do this so it looks like CGW may actually cut the slide deeper than the others with this modification.

The one benefit I see to CZC slide cut is I believe they offer a RDS plate that can be used and retain the iron rear sight if you remove you optic which is a bonus if you ever want to switch back.  This is not an option with CGW once they cut it you lose the rear sight and I dont believe the CZC RDS cover plate will fit thier slide cut.  CGW offers a $175 baseplate in that will accept a Glock rear sight for co-witness irons or they machine it in front of the optic.  I am not interested in a co-witness sights but would like to use the CZC cover plate with the rear sight if possible.

I am probably going with CGW and going to leave the gun an optics only piece.  I have a S2 with iron sights I can use for 3 gun and I am going to use their pro package and may even get the Copperhead pkg done on my SP-01

Edited by ML123

3 hours ago, Blue Jacket said:

Here is my PCR with a trijicon plate and RMR. This was done by CZ Custom though I had Primary Machine do my SP-01. I wouldn’t hesitate to use either again. Great companies 

233448D0-FA1C-4C36-970E-4D9BB4E3D303.jpeg.5939ca0c2c55ef37bdb980c44243fa2c.jpeg

That does not look too high at all. This should be the same height as on the p01, right ?

3 hours ago, ML123 said:

I spoke with CGW today and got some more insight.  Yes the Shadow line slides are milled deeper than ones with FPB.  CGW does however mill theirs differently than Primary and CZC from what they said.  The baseplate they make for the RMR actually has a channel cut in it for the firing pin pin.  I am not sure about CZC but primary machine does not do this so it looks like CGW may actually cut the slide deeper than the others with this modification.

The one benefit I see to CZC slide cut is I believe they offer a RDS plate that can be used and retain the iron rear sight if you remove you optic which is a bonus if you ever want to switch back.  This is not an option with CGW once they cut it you lose the rear sight and I dont believe the CZC RDS cover plate will fit thier slide cut.  CGW offers a $175 baseplate in that will accept a Glock rear sight for co-witness irons or they machine it in front of the optic.  I am not interested in a co-witness sights but would like to use the CZC cover plate with the rear sight if possible.

I am probably going with CGW and going to leave the gun an optics only piece.  I have a S2 with iron sights I can use for 3 gun and I am going to use their pro package and may even get the Copperhead pkg done on my SP-01

Thank you very much for this info. This is extremely helpful. I had no idea that CGW did their cut that different. My plan was to put a rmr but I also would like backup irons. A Glock backup iron wouldn’t be that bad tho. 
i wonder if CZ will ever offer optics ready SP-01 / P01

4 hours ago, eerw said:

Pretty common for us to mill is for the 1911 Trijicon plate or the CZC RDS plate cut.

both have been working well on the P01 and other CZs.

im having a compact slide direct milled for a 507K to see how well that works.

When you get that milled, you mind posting a pic or two? I’d love to see how that turns out 

16 hours ago, ClangClang said:

Yep.

1 hour ago, eerw said:

The CZC RDS plate cut uses the plate to hold the block in place. its flexible system, just not as pretty for the OCD afflicted.

1122570755_RDSPLATECUT111.thumb.jpg.27ca2d75bdfc6e7506e96e22c77fa253.jpg

I'm as OCD as they get, and am completely satisfied with the machining and mounting of a Trijicon SRO on my CZ 75 SP-01 (non-Shadow) that Stuart and the gang did at CZ Custom.  So much so that they currently have a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow 1 doing the exact same work to it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 5:58 PM, 45 Raven said:

I'm as OCD as they get, and am completely satisfied with the machining and mounting of a Trijicon SRO on my CZ 75 SP-01 (non-Shadow) that Stuart and the gang did at CZ Custom.  So much so that they currently have a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow 1 doing the exact same work to it.

I would love to see a pic of your SP-01 cut for the RDS plate system and SRO all the pics above show a Shadow slide.  I am pretty sure this is the route I am going to take with mine.

Just for clarification CZC does have a RDS fixed sight plate for the SP-01 and a RDS plate cut slide?  I believe this part? 10472 RDS Plate CZ75 B.   Just verifying B slides and SP-01 slides would use the same fixed sight plate?  I know they are both FPB slides?

7 hours ago, ML123 said:

I would love to see a pic of your SP-01 cut for the RDS plate system and SRO all the pics above show a Shadow slide.  I am pretty sure this is the route I am going to take with mine.

Just for clarification CZC does have a RDS fixed sight plate for the SP-01 and a RDS plate cut slide?  I believe this part? 10472 RDS Plate CZ75 B.   Just verifying B slides and SP-01 slides would use the same fixed sight plate?  I know they are both FPB slides?

To get an answer from an expert who would surely provide you with the correct information, I suggest you call or email Stuart Wong at CZ Custom in Mesa, AZ.  He is the man when it comes to providing CZ guidance..

On 7/23/2020 at 6:56 AM, Eli_a said:

That’s what I’m worried about, with not enough “room” to cut, it might sit too high for concealed carry. For the SP it might not be too bad since it’s not really a CC gun

I had CGW cut my PCR slide for a Venom. Sits nice and low. Looks good and carrys fine. No rear sight tho. I'm going to have CGW or CZC mill one of my P01s for a Holosun 407k I just ordered. It's a micro dot and fits much nicer on the compact CZ75 slides and looks good to go for carry. And a bonus - you get to keep your rear sight.

I also had CGW mill my SP01 for their RMR adapter plate and CZC mill my other P01 for their RMR swappable adapter plate. Aesthetically and functionally I prefer the CGW plate. It has scalloped sides to aide in racking and the fit of the red dot is flush in the slide but it does sit a hair higher than the CZC plate. I like the CZC because I can replace it with adapters for different red dot mounts. I can post pix of the different mounts/dots/slides if interested.