Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hate being lied to by UPS

M1A4ME

Got an e-mail that UPS would deliver a package on Friday sometime before 8 PM.  I'm retired.  I'm home all day, most days, so I stuck around Friday.

It starts raining buckets around 330 PM and rains for over an hour.  I get an e-mail at about 430 that the UPS driver could not deliver my package at 410 PM because there was no one at my house to sign for it.  No one.  Just me, my wife and my mother-in-law and I'm sitting here on the couch piddling on the laptop and looking at the window marveling at how heavy the rain is coming down. 

That e-mail tells me my package would be dropped off at a local UPS Access Point (small store about two miles from my house) for me to pick up.  So I drive up there the next day and it's not there.

I waste time trying to talk to someone at the UPS help center and spend time sparring with a computerized system and getting no where.

I get an e-mail from a customer service rep who tells me that their driver did try to deliver the package and no one was home - because the driver said it, that made it so.

Wasted my time responding to that one, too.

I get another e-mail Sunday that my package would be delivered on Monday (yesterday).  I'm retired, but that day my wife had an emergency dentist appt. at 2 PM and I drove here there.  On the way back we stop at the UPS Access Point (Dollar Tree store) and the manager checks but says there is no package for me.

I come home, I've got an e-mail telling met the package was dropped off - at that Dollar Tree store at 935 AM.

Today, I drive back to the Dollar Tree store and (you guessed it) still no package for me (same manager as yesterday.)

I come home, get back on the computer and this time I actually get to talk to a nice lady at UPS about my issues.  We exchange info, she checks, she tells me the package was delivered to my house yesterday at 935 AM.  I tell here I was here till 130 PM and no package was delivered to my house and even the e-mail says it was delivered to the Dollar Tree store.  She checks further and tells me she needs to do some checking because something is wrong.  The tracking info says the package was delivered to an UPS Access Point but the address is my street/home address, not the Dollar Tree store address in the e-mail.  Their information is conflicting and confusing and she enters a claim for me to get it quickly looked into and figured out and marked it for urgent work so they will contact me either by phone or e-mail within the hour.

Well, been 3 hrs. now.  No phone calls.  No new e-mails.  I'm beginning to think I'm not going to see that package.  The driver(s) are either confused what they did with it or not being honest about what happened to it.

And there isn't a darn thing I can do about it to aggravate UPS as badly as they've aggravated me for the last few days.

19 hours ago, M1A4ME said:

Got an e-mail that UPS would deliver a package on Friday sometime before 8 PM.  I'm retired.  I'm home all day, most days, so I stuck around Friday.

It starts raining buckets around 330 PM and rains for over an hour.  I get an e-mail at about 430 that the UPS driver could not deliver my package at 410 PM because there was no one at my house to sign for it.  No one.  Just me, my wife and my mother-in-law and I'm sitting here on the couch piddling on the laptop and looking at the window marveling at how heavy the rain is coming down. 

That e-mail tells me my package would be dropped off at a local UPS Access Point (small store about two miles from my house) for me to pick up.  So I drive up there the next day and it's not there.

I waste time trying to talk to someone at the UPS help center and spend time sparring with a computerized system and getting no where.

I get an e-mail from a customer service rep who tells me that their driver did try to deliver the package and no one was home - because the driver said it, that made it so.

Wasted my time responding to that one, too.

I get another e-mail Sunday that my package would be delivered on Monday (yesterday).  I'm retired, but that day my wife had an emergency dentist appt. at 2 PM and I drove here there.  On the way back we stop at the UPS Access Point (Dollar Tree store) and the manager checks but says there is no package for me.

I come home, I've got an e-mail telling met the package was dropped off - at that Dollar Tree store at 935 AM.

Today, I drive back to the Dollar Tree store and (you guessed it) still no package for me (same manager as yesterday.)

I come home, get back on the computer and this time I actually get to talk to a nice lady at UPS about my issues.  We exchange info, she checks, she tells me the package was delivered to my house yesterday at 935 AM.  I tell here I was here till 130 PM and no package was delivered to my house and even the e-mail says it was delivered to the Dollar Tree store.  She checks further and tells me she needs to do some checking because something is wrong.  The tracking info says the package was delivered to an UPS Access Point but the address is my street/home address, not the Dollar Tree store address in the e-mail.  Their information is conflicting and confusing and she enters a claim for me to get it quickly looked into and figured out and marked it for urgent work so they will contact me either by phone or e-mail within the hour.

Well, been 3 hrs. now.  No phone calls.  No new e-mails.  I'm beginning to think I'm not going to see that package.  The driver(s) are either confused what they did with it or not being honest about what happened to it.

And there isn't a darn thing I can do about it to aggravate UPS as badly as they've aggravated me for the last few days.

I here you. BUT, try dealing with the US Postal service! 😂

None of them have the market on poor service cornered.  I have experienced equally distressing issues with UPS, FedEx, and USPS.

Amazon even biffs one now and then, just to keep things interesting.

Sometimes it is an honest human mistake.  More often, it seems to be human laziness and lack of responsibility/accountability.

3 hours ago, 45 Raven said:

None of them have the market on poor service cornered.  I have experienced equally distressing issues with UPS, FedEx, and USPS.

Amazon even biffs one now and then, just to keep things interesting.

Sometimes it is an honest human mistake.  More often, it seems to be human laziness and lack of responsibility/accountability.

Amazon's biggest problem is they don't ring the bloody doorbell.  I had to reposition my video doorbell because it's easier to walk up my neighbors driveway and throw the package on the end of my porch rather than walk up the winding flagstone path to my front door.  Now at least I get a notice on my phone.  To UPS/FedEx/USPS credit when they have actually come to my house they have actually rang the doorbell before beating feet back to the truck and laying rubber before the dropped package hit the ground and somewhere between Ding and Dong of the doorbell.

I hATe Amazon delivery.
I live rural, been a Amazon customer for a decade. Had ONE UPS guy,, same guy all the time... I knew him he knew me.  Was great service.  Pachaeges handed to me or left in same spot out of weather,
Now I get all these Amazon trucks, different idiot every day. Packag3es thrown any where.  Oh they post a close up picture but dang I have a ranch its like a scavenger hunt finding them.

I hear the word on USPS, too.

Ordered a laser (green/contact operated) for a 9MM Shield for my wife.

Left Fox Valley, IL on Jul 16

Got to Aurora, IL on Jul 17

Got to Chicago, IL on Jul 17

Got to Richmond, VA on Jul 19

Then tracking showed it going back to Chicago, IL on Jul 19

Was scheduled for a Jul 21 delivery to me.  I was looking forward to it and getting to the range with my wife today or tomorrow.

On Jul 21 it was back in Elk Grove, IL

I have no idea what happened or why.  It does show, now, that it's on the way but will be delivered late.  No kidding.

I have given up on the UPS package.  Will try to figure out if I can get it replaced but with UPS swearing they delivered it (somewhere) that may not happen.

This Hate rant has turned into a discussion, which is beyond the bounds of the rules for the Hate Forum. Thus, it must be closed.Please review the Hate Forum Rules:http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097[note: this is a generic response]