Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tungston guide rod.

ohsevenflhx

Yes, I have a couple of the Walther tungston guide rods. From what I can tell is that they really help with muzzle rise in the polymer series PPQ's but in the steel frame Q5's they tend to add too much weight at the muzzle end. Also, the springs that come on the Walther tungston guide rods is very heavy and will cause your front sight to want to dip some when the slide closes on the SF's.

11 hours ago, ltrain7281 said:

Yes, I have a couple of the Walther tungston guide rods. From what I can tell is that they really help with muzzle rise in the polymer series PPQ's but in the steel frame Q5's they tend to add too much weight at the muzzle end. Also, the springs that come on the Walther tungston guide rods is very heavy and will cause your front sight to want to dip some when the slide closes on the SF's.

That is why I would like an uncaptured guide rod, so I could use a lighter recoil spring, preferably a flat wire spring.

On 7/31/2020 at 4:49 PM, ohsevenflhx said:

That is why I would like an uncaptured guide rod, so I could use a lighter recoil spring, preferably a flat wire spring.

Yeah, being able to change to spring weight on the tungston guide rod would help tremendously.