Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which rollsizer to buy

selecw

24 minutes ago, PhotoRecon said:

Yes...you could easily do that many in one sitting using the drill and a case feeder.

I've done many times that over the course of a month.

Thanks for the info. Any idea if I can use my 650 case feeder with it?

The rollsizer comes with a clear tube and aluminum piece that snaps into your case feeder. I'm using my RL1050 circa 1992 case feeder and it works fine. I'm assuming the 650 would also work but I haven't actually seen one to know.

I have mine about 18 inches to the side of my 1050 at the edge of the table so it's easy to use the drill and I don't move the case feeder. For 9mm running my drill on torque setting 4 and for 45 acp about 8 to protect the roll sizer. If you try to turn too fast the cases will fly out.

As long as cases drop freely and you have access to mount the drill you can put it where you want. I had to shorten the plastic tube for my situation. Extra tubing available at Ace etc.

54 minutes ago, PhotoRecon said:

I have mine about 18 inches to the side of my 1050 at the edge of the table so it's easy to use the drill and I don't move the case feeder. For 9mm running my drill on torque setting 4 and for 45 acp about 8 to protect the roll sizer. If you try to turn too fast the cases will fly out.

As long as cases drop freely and you have access to mount the drill you can put it where you want. I had to shorten the plastic tube for my situation. Extra tubing available at Ace etc.

Are you happy with it? Any negatives? 

I really like it and use it all the time. Everything I load gets roll sized after cleaning and before sizing.

Its fast and sizes where U dies and FL dies simply can't.

Caliber conversions are fast and simple.

Based on considerable use so far I really can't think of any problem I've had.

Maybe too expensive for some but for my situation it is well worth it.

1 hour ago, ph4t0ny said:

You would need to do more volume if to make it economical, IMHO.

I looked at going the same route but found a brass supplier that will roll size for $5/1000

who was it? Did you provide the brass?

8 minutes ago, ph4t0ny said:

I've been going through Northwest Iowa Brass iabrass.com

They have a roll sized option on their non-processed brass https://iabrass.com/collections/polished-pistol-brass/products/9mm-luger-polished

They have fully processed as well, but I only get that for my match rounds.  

I am picking up range brass, so I would need to find someone local who would do $5 / 1000 on my brass. Or exchange my brass for theirs. If I could find someone to do that, I would jump on it.

I roll brass for people locally. I charge $40-50 per 5 gallon bucket depending on caliber. I have 2 Commercial roll sizers. I feed one with a MA systems feeder and 1 with a hotrodded Dillon.

If you have a group of large volume shooters at your club, you could offer this same service to them. You could also group buy the larger unit and pass it around as needed.

I am picking up a Case Pro 100 tomorrow.  I went last week to a friends house to use his and just bs’ing. I ran through a gallon sized ziploc bag of 9mm in less then 45 minutes and not in a hurry either.  The one I am getting only has 40 dies in it.  I need to order some 9dies.  

I am picking up a Case Pro 100 tomorrow.  I went last week to a friends house to use his and just bs’ing. I ran through a gallon sized ziploc bag of 9mm in less then 45 minutes and not in a hurry either.  The one I am getting only has 40 dies in it.  I need to order some 9dies.  

I just bought a rollsizer to replace my manual case pro. The case pro is great. But my volume of shooting was such that I want to avoid repetitive injuries where I can. So I was on the fence on automating the CP and adding plates or buying the rollsizer and selling the CP I’ll add a few more calibers with the funds from the CP. so far it has been awesome. Much more enjoyable than the 1500 of 10mm rolled on the CP a few weeks ago.

2 hours ago, rhowell309 said:

I just bought a rollsizer to replace my manual case pro. The case pro is great. But my volume of shooting was such that I want to avoid repetitive injuries where I can. So I was on the fence on automating the CP and adding plates or buying the rollsizer and selling the CP I’ll add a few more calibers with the funds from the CP. so far it has been awesome. Much more enjoyable than the 1500 of 10mm rolled on the CP a few weeks ago.

Not shooting a lot right now 2 maybe 3 matches a months. I am sure that will pick up.  But for now I will stick with the CP.  hmm what dies do you have for the CP.  if I get more into it I can always add a motor to it.  

Not shooting a lot right now 2 maybe 3 matches a months. I am sure that will pick up.  But for now I will stick with the CP.  hmm what dies do you have for the CP.  if I get more into it I can always add a motor to it.  

I don’t blame you for sticking with it.

I just have 2 die-sets for mine.
38 Super. I’ve ran 9mm, super and SC on them.
And .40 which I’ve ran 40, 10mm and .357 Sig on.

9 minutes ago, rhowell309 said:

I don’t blame you for sticking with it.

I just have 2 die-sets for mine.
38 Super. I’ve ran 9mm, super and SC on them.
And .40 which I’ve ran 40, 10mm and .357 Sig on.

I will buy the 9 and maybe get the 223 I shoot a bunch of surplus brass.  I hear it’s easier then full length small base dies.  Will have to look into that. 

I will buy the 9 and maybe get the 223 I shoot a bunch of surplus brass.  I hear it’s easier then full length small base dies.  Will have to look into that. 

It’s not even easier to size, it gets the correct results.

On 7/24/2020 at 5:55 AM, falconew said:

Tried to order dies a few months ago. Waited 2 months... nothing. Asked about it.. he said he had a family issue. Waited another month... Nothing. Texted and called... Nothing. Week later.. texted. He said his tool is broke and can’t make anything. Said he refunded everyone. Not me. Submitted Paypal request for refund and got money back. 

Use paypal if you order. Let me know if his tool is working again. 

Sorry to hear about that.  I will be calling him later on today.  Maybe if they are not fixed I will ask for the prints and make them, some work I can do myself.  Hopefully he has it working I need 9mm and 223.  

CP has never been reliable at having inventory even when Steph had the company. Rollsizer has never filled anybody with the BS you hear from others. I have the DC with 40,9, and 223 dies. Could not imagine doing it any other way.1200 an hour is pretty good production for the great unit Kevin builds. It is nice and quiet with minimal labor. Throw the switch and let it eat.

The only way I could justify a purchase is if I could make some money back.

How much do you folks think you would need to charge for sizing your friends brass in order to justify your time and costs?