Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why not allow a weapon mounted light in production/carry optics?

Blaize

12 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

Cost of ammo vs reloading is 100% a factor

I think it is. I know a lot of guys who are paying more for factory minor ammo to shoot CO then it would cost me to load major ammo for open. For them they have the money but don't want to bother with the time to get into reloading. And Open is probably the only division where you basically have to reload to get the best performance.

Like moto said, the gun is really a small part of what we spend a year on this sport.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well maybe recently but for last 4 or 5 years 9mm wasnt worth my time to reload. Powder and primer prices went up, and bulk ammo prices went down..  Was gonna help my step son load some 9mm, and priced the components. and dang was only like a $20 per K savings. NOt counting brass.

Carry optics probably never woulda got started, or not be near as popular if production went to full capacity mags. I think thats what really drove it. Ability to run a standard factory gun with full magazines with cheap factory ammo.
I do have to agree with a few folks here. Current USPSA gun rule sets are beyond asinine.

I think people would just find out if running the light helped or not. Mostly just the extra mass. Then everyone would meta that setup and it would just turn into a "Must have a light to be competitive" division. 

On 7/24/2020 at 7:43 AM, Joe4d said:

Carry optics probably never woulda got started, or not be near as popular if production went to full capacity mags. I think thats what really drove it. Ability to run a standard factory gun with full magazines with cheap factory ammo.

after 6 months everyone would then be whining about being able to shoot major in prorduction, lol. 

Personally I think the combo of big mags and a dot and cheap guns that run is a perfect complement to the other divisions. I can't imagine why anyone would shoot production with big mags except to hide from the heat in limited.

25 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

after 6 months everyone would then be whining about being able to shoot major in prorduction, lol. 

I am in on that, 8 major 10 minor in production and and put production and SS in the same division.  Hell, you could toss revolver in their too, I don't care