Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2, not only for Production division

Sniperboy

20 minutes ago, Nathanb said:

It was probably stolen. 

If it was stolen from a Californian, ouch for the guy that got robbed.  I read about a guy paying almost $2500 just to get one there.

4 hours ago, FALAR said:

I read about a guy paying almost $2500 just to get one there.

Unfortunately that's 100% accurate out here, off roster CZ's go for a crazy amount it's not uncommon to see S2's for double the retail price and TSO's for 4k. What's even crazier is that people actually pay that price for these guns in Cali. 

If it was stolen from a Californian, ouch for the guy that got robbed.  I read about a guy paying almost $2500 just to get one there.

Unfortunately that's 100% accurate out here, off roster CZ's go for a crazy amount it's not uncommon to see S2's for double the retail price and TSO's for 4k. What's even crazier is that people actually pay that price for these guns in Cali. 
Yes and yes. Mine was about 1800, my friends got theirs for 2500 and 2800. The ONLY good thing about it is if we were to sell them we would get 90 to 100% of our money back.

In CA we gotta pay to play. But like everything else I heard a rumor off roster will not be transferrable very soon so I'm keeping mine forever.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 7/19/2020 at 9:12 PM, mveto said:

What does off roster mean?

In CA there is a list of guns approved for purchase to the public they call the roster. In order to be on the roster gun manufacturers have to pass lots of test, pay lots of money, and were required to do some kind of laser bullet engraving tech that doesnt exists lol.

Most manufacturers didn't want to do this so our choice or guns are limited to very old models or basic versions.

Police officers and certain people are exempt and can purchase off roster guns. That's who I bought mine from.

I believe the roster expires jan next year though so who knows what will happen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Stdz said:

In Cali we have a roster of handguns that have been certified by the Cali DOJ as being “safe” to sell in the state. The issue is no new models of handguns can be added to the roster unless they meet the safety requirements, which include but not limited to micro stamping and loaded chamber indicators + a bunch of other dumb requirements. The manufactures have to submit guns for certification and pay to keep the guns on the roster every year. There are multiple lawsuits filed that will hopefully one day overturn the legislation, but until then anyone in Cali that’s not exempt has to pay a premium for off roster guns.

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

In Ca, there is a roster of "approved" handguns that can be sold. The last CZ to be added was the SP-01.

Man that's super weak. Can't you bring a hand gun in if you purchased it out of state?