Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ S2 ejection problems~

chgofirefighter

After receiving my slide from a well respected company, the following work was done to it, black nitride, optic cut and slide cuts, barrel crowning, etc.  I was excited about getting my slide back, so yesterday I went to the range to zero in my Trijicon SRO 5 moa and I began to experience constant jamming issues, poor ejection, double feeds, etc.  Upon inspection of the extractor, it was completely loose, I mean "COMPLETELY!" I compared the extractor with my S2 Orange and the S2 extractor was solid, no movement and no play whereas the S2 was without a doubt bad!

So a new stock extractor spring will be sent to me for free by this well respected company, so that's no major issue.  However, I was recommended the extra power extractor spring. I am hoping that once I change the stock extractor spring with a replacement I won't have any issues but I'm  intrigued by this extra power spring.  Anyone experience between the 2 extractor springs, regular and extra power?  pros/cons/benefits? 

FYI, I haven't taken the pistol apart to see if it does even have the extractor spring 😩 will be doing that shortly and inspect further~  

M6 guess... it doesn't have the extractor spring inserted or it's not seated properly. The other possibility is that the slot for the extractor was pretty gunked up masking a weak spring. They cleaned it well to prep for the finish and now the weak spring is exacerbated.

Can help you on the extra power vs. stock spring.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Extra power springs are just longer. May or may not work as the extra length can restrict the movement of the extractor. 
if doesn’t work , what will happen is it will not feed as round wont be able to feed under the extractor.

what was up with the first spring that it was loose? Not there? Too short?

All my CZs run perfectly with the standard spring.  My Tanfoglio on the other hand needed an extra power extractor spring.  Does the extractor hold an empty casing semi secure?  Does the extractor slide over a cambered dummy round ?  Like said above, make sure the extra power spring allows enough movement for the extractor to slip over the casing rim. 

• 2 months later...