Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Extended Magazine Pads (140mm)

Dave773

Hi all! I'm new into the competition world, currently shooting an M&P 9 Pro Core with Apex FSS trigger and running a vortex razor on the M&P. I'm looking to purchase some extended magazine base pads that meet the USPSA 140mm rule. I've checked out the TTI and TF but is currently out of my price range. Any others you guys can recommend on the somewhat cheaper price range that runs well? Or is there a place that's selling them for a little cheaper? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

ETS (Elite Tactical Systems) makes extended magazines for the M&P.  They sell a 22-round Glock magazine they claim meets the 140 mm rule so it's possible their 21-round M&P magazine does too.  I'd contact them and ask as these magazines are very reasonably priced and, in my experience, work very well.  

11 minutes ago, SteelCityShooter said:

ETS (Elite Tactical Systems) makes extended magazines for the M&P.  They sell a 22-round Glock magazine they claim meets the 140 mm rule so it's possible their 21-round M&P magazine does too.  I'd contact them and ask as these magazines are very reasonably priced and, in my experience, work very well.  

thanks bud! I will look into it but looking for alternatives of the major extended magazine pads 

I have the M&P Pro Gen 1 and a CORE slide that I use with it.  I use the TTI extended base pads.  I would suggest placing an order for them and waiting until they are available.

33 minutes ago, Bench said:

I ran Springer Precision on my M&P and they didn't disappoint. Maybe not the cheapest you are looking for but worth a look.

Just bought some springers! Were you able to run +6 on them? 

2 hours ago, Dave773 said:

Just bought some springers! Were you able to run +6 on them? 

After cutting the follower legs down it was easier to get 5 in.

On 7/18/2020 at 5:32 PM, Bench said:

After cutting the follower legs down it was easier to get 5 in.

Do I have to do this to get the +5? If so don't want to butcher it. Any links to any videos? 

4 hours ago, chubs3a said:

Arrendondo have some polymer +5 for a good price.  I have a few for my M&P 9c 1.0 and they have been working well.

Omg I wish I knew about these earlier! How are they? Would they fit the 140mm Guage?

7 hours ago, Dave773 said:

Omg I wish I knew about these earlier! How are they? Would they fit the 140mm Guage?

I like them and have been durable for me.  Arrendondo is known in the shooting community so IMO they should fit in the gauge.  YMMV.

• 5 weeks later...

I've used Arredondo, TTI and TF. All worked 100%. Whichever you choose, do NOT add anything to the bottom of the extension (e.g. grip tape) without checking it in the official gauge... I've see a lot of mags fail the gauge for this reason. At the very least, only bring your shortest magazine to the chrono :roflol:

• 2 weeks later...

Plus for Arredondo: they're inexpensive.

Minus: only hold 22 rounds, and I had three of them jam up when the retainer bound up the follower in the spring.

TTI & Taylor Freelance both hold 23 reloadable, and dont jam up 

Edited by robertg5322
spelling.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: Springer precision +6 pads working great. Can fit 23 with the last round being tough (but possible) to load. Passed the equipment check at major matches. My only complaint is that the tiny screw that provides the retention on the magazines keep getting stripped and makes removing the base pads for cleaning at a match a hassle. 10/10 Would recommend, but TTI basepads would be better IMO because it's easier to remove for cleaning a mag during a match.