Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters Connection wicking t-shirts


egd5
 Share

Recommended Posts

I got an email for these. Has anyone used them and do they work like tech wear type shirts? Seems like a good price if they really do help keep a little cooler.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Shooters-Connection-Wicking-Competitor-T-Shirt-P4597.aspx?utm_medium=email&utm_source=sharpspring&sslid=MzWzNDcEIjMLM3MA&sseid=MzKwMDA3tbQwNAQA&jobid=a9bcecd2-382d-4add-8c2e-7f0aa3b0e263

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not trying to talk you out of wicking clothing, but you should consider cooling t-shirts.  I have a PILE of wicking T-shirts, so good, some not so good.  Last year I switched to cooling t-shirts.  I have Artic Cool and Mission.  Both wick, both cool, but the do it differently.  Artic Cool absorbs your sweat and distributes it along their special fibers where it evaporates and cools you.  Mission absorbs the sweat and it evaporates where it was soaked up.  Both do an outstanding job of wicking and cooling.  The Mission is so good that there is no sweat residue on you after 8 hours in the sun.  Be aware there must be some breeze for the cooling to take place.  I will never go back to conventional wicking clothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought one, it works, thin and not skin tight. On a lot of the wicking Tees the collars sag and look stupid the second time you wear them. It's one of those, you wear it to the gym on Monday when you don't give a $it.

 

If you want an amazing shirt get a Kihu or similar wool T-shirt. You could wear those things for a month and it'd still be presentable. They fit snug, are great for Winter layering but also great for Summer. Hit the sales. 

 

A couple seasons ago Magpul made some wicking polo shirts out of some kind of polyester that wasn't too obnoxious or smelled funky. They were cut snugger than street wear but not bike racer tight so if you're a little "husky" you don't look worse than your peers. I think they were intended to be cop's/security uniform type stuff. I bought a bunch them on sale when they killed that product line. They work great, smooth and snug enough you can draw smoothly and nothing is flapping around... but also with a presentable collar and a little more forgiving of man cleavage. 

 

I'm so glad lyric tights never caught on in shooting.

Edited by Frankly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awful pricey for a Tshirt Not to mention. I am not wearing a black shirt on a hot sunny day.
Hanes has taggless cool dri's for half to less than half the price in any color in long and short sleeve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll provide some links.

 

Artic Cool cooling T (they also make one with a pocket)  https://arcticcool.com/collections/featured-items/products/mens-short-sleeve-crew

 

Mission cooling towels, gaitors, hats, etc.  https://www.mission.com/pages/shop-by-category

 

Evidently Mission no longer sells cooling Ts on the website.  Here they are on Amazon  https://www.amazon.com/Mission-VaporActive-Sleeve-Athletic-Moonless/dp/B01L3LIGEQ/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=mission%2Bcooling%2Bt%2Bshirt&qid=1595092595&sr=8-4&th=1&psc=1

 

Mission vaporactive tech  https://www.mission.com/pages/technology-vaporactive

 

Here is the Columbia Freezer Zero shirt.  The also make short sleeved, but then you need the cooling sleeves to go with.  I don't have one yet, but several shooters swear by them.  I have one on the way.  https://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Standard-Rules-Shirt-Large/dp/B00DNNNSA0/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=columbia%2Bfreezer%2Bzero&qid=1595093018&sr=8-12&th=1&psc=1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Joe4d said:

Awful pricey for a Tshirt Not to mention. I am not wearing a black shirt on a hot sunny day.
Hanes has taggless cool dri's for half to less than half the price in any color in long and short sleeve.

+1, been using these {Hanes} for a couple of years, generally 2 for $18 and multiple colors. For me they work as well, or better, than many very pricey shirts I have tried.

Edited by hiflyer51
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand about the price. I'm usually a cheap sob. But lately I've decided that at my age maybe I would invest in some nicer things if they make life easier.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont have a problem with spending more for nicer and easier. I have a problem with wasting money on something that isnt either and simply costs more for the sake of costing more and isnt any better quality or have any better feature than other readily available products at a third the price

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, egd5 said:

I understand about the price. I'm usually a cheap sob. But lately I've decided that at my age maybe I would invest in some nicer things if they make life easier.

 

 

After a career spent working around molten metal and large industrial furnaces, cotton is fine for me. Seen too many pictures of the synthetic materials melted onto/into peoples skin (unlikely accident in our sport, just something drilled into my head) and regardless of undies & etc, if it is hot then it is hot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those are a bit pricey for t-shirts.  I think I'll stick with my Columbia PFG shirts.  and they have a collar for roughly the same price.  And in the Florida heat, we need all the protection we can get. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, zzt said:

I'll provide some links.

 

Artic Cool cooling T (they also make one with a pocket)  https://arcticcool.com/collections/featured-items/products/mens-short-sleeve-crew

 

Mission cooling towels, gaitors, hats, etc.  https://www.mission.com/pages/shop-by-category

 

Evidently Mission no longer sells cooling Ts on the website.  Here they are on Amazon  https://www.amazon.com/Mission-VaporActive-Sleeve-Athletic-Moonless/dp/B01L3LIGEQ/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=mission%2Bcooling%2Bt%2Bshirt&qid=1595092595&sr=8-4&th=1&psc=1

 

Mission vaporactive tech  https://www.mission.com/pages/technology-vaporactive

 

Here is the Columbia Freezer Zero shirt.  The also make short sleeved, but then you need the cooling sleeves to go with.  I don't have one yet, but several shooters swear by them.  I have one on the way.  https://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Standard-Rules-Shirt-Large/dp/B00DNNNSA0/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=columbia%2Bfreezer%2Bzero&qid=1595093018&sr=8-12&th=1&psc=1

 

Great list of resources;  thanks for taking the time !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have shirts from Columbia PFG Zero, Under Armour, Nike, Champion, and 32'.  The Columbia was def not worth the extra money in my opinion.  We shoot in 110'+ weather all the time and it did not make a difference vs the UA, which most of mine are.  The Nike sucks. It is hot.  Champion also sucks.  The 32' is nice and I also have their winter stuff.  Usually can get it at costco crazy cheap. Online it is priced well, but even cheaper when they have it in store. 

Edited by echotango
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Received the shirts yesterday. I ordered L when I normally wear XL since the reviews said they run large. (the pocket Ts) the L was just right in size.
Shot an idpa match this morning, weather was overcast, not too hot, mid 80s. The shirt did fine, I sweated but not a whole lot so I'm not 100% sure about the shirt. I'll have to see how it does in the 90s with full sun. But I think it will work as advertised.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, egd5 said:

Wow! I bet they need washing by now.🤣

I have four pair, they went on sale right when the Covid-19 stuff hit so I ordered two more pair. 
They are in 3 different colors so you can tell I change them. 

Edited by The Donald
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...