Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats to do in Phoenix

william, larkin and moore in northern Scottsdale has an awesome collection of fine double shotguns and some nice hunting rifles if you are into that sort of thing.  It's pretty close to Dillon.

1911 Heaven (Dobson and Elliot) in Chandler probably has the biggest selection of competition guns - made on site.

Arizona Sportsman has 2 stores, 1 in Mesa, the other in Phoenix.  Sometimes they have some interesting stuff - sometimes not.  Same with Caswell's Indoor Shooting range in Mesa, just off hwy 60 and Country club.  Legendary Guns (19th Ave just north of Camelback) shares a strip mall with the Wilderness (makers of tactical nylon equipment).  Legendary always has some interesting stuff, particulalry if you're into cowboy stuff.

Finally, what would a trip to Mesa be without going to see Derrick Martin at Accuracy Speaks at the Rio Salado? A true must see.

Phil,

If you're into clays, head out to Ben Avery some evening.  All the trap and skeet you can eat.  You don't even have to drag your shotgun along, they rent Beretta 390's for $5 a night.  It's a super deal.

Have fun!!

Eric

Shooter grrl,

Yes, Los Dos is still there, but it doesn't seem as "pure" as it used to. I think they had a big change in cooks and management (they were actually closed for months). But it's still not bad, really there is nothing else like around.

Kellyn,

Now that you can "survive in Tempe," do you know were Four Peaks is? Sorry. It's a great place to hang, especially if you like being outdoors...

be

HA!  I know exactly where 4 Peaks is.  Nothing like a Kilt Lifter or Oatmeal Stout to ease the pain.

They used to have an awesome garlic and clam pizza (!!!) but my wife and I were the only ones to ever order it.  Sublime bar food!