Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strange 9mm Brass Headstamp

gerritm

Yes it’s browning and made by Winchester. A friend bought thousands of those when the local academy sports store had them on clearance. 

I have loaded a bunch of it since I know they’re all once fired and they load without any problems. They are very similar to the regular non-crimped Winchester brass.

30 minutes ago, George16 said:

Yes it’s browning and made by Winchester. A friend bought thousands of those when the local academy sports store had them on clearance. 

I have loaded a bunch of it since I know they’re all once fired and they load without any problems. They are very similar to the regular non-crimped Winchester brass.

Good to know, thanks all for the info. I get a lot of once fired brass from a friend at a range. Will keep them in the mix.

gerritm

1 hour ago, gerritm said:

Good to know, thanks all for the info. I get a lot of once fired brass from a friend at a range. Will keep them in the mix.

gerritm

You’re welcome. I was surprised on how easy it was to load them. The average weight of an empty case without a primer was similar to a non-crimped Winchester. My friend doesn’t reload so I get all his once fired brass.

I also use s&b for both minor and major since they’re all once fired. They’re the most popular brand used by my friends and I know for certain they’re all once fired. The primer pockets are not crimped but a lot tighter compared to a federal or blazer. I had to swage the pockets before I load them.