Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Honcho Open Shooters...Rookie Question

VU2AKILL

Don’t believe everything you hear on the interwebs. If anyone would like to know the cause of the 1 locking block that broke feel free to give us a call. 

Assuming you are Honcho? I for one (as I assume others) who might be interested in a limited/open gun in the future but not at the exact moment might be interested to hear the reason without needing to call in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been biting my tongue through this.  And was not going to make a comment.

But the OP asked a simple question on how to load or use a pistol.  That's it.  Like or dislike the pistol in question, respect the OP.

We have Trolling happening with a lot of items, and I love the threads that state, "what is your opinion on this pistol....".  But members here that wait to jump on any thread (I had a primer fail once at a major therefore I will jump on any primer thread that I see and try to flame them) is not only childish but irresponsible to our sport.

You hate their product.  Entitled to that.

You love their product.  Entitled to that.

Somebody asks for AN opinion.  Entitled to state that.

But simply ambushing threads and disrespecting the OP....No.

On 7/13/2020 at 7:58 PM, VU2AKILL said:

Thinking about a Hocho with 3 barrels: a 40s&w (if i need to go limited),  a 1 port 9mm and a 3 port 9mm major.   Since it is so easy to swap barrels, I am wondering if a guy could shoot 9 major for matches with the 3 port barrel and then swap in the 1 port barrel and have a decent PF load for practice sessions that would feel close to the same as the 9 major load.  Maybe be able to run coated bullets for practice in regular 9mm to and JHP for 9 major loads.  I am still shooting carry ops and have very little experience with comped pistols but it seems like it is feasible.   Any input from more experienced open shooters, specifically Honcho shooters??

If you're thinking about shooting open division, then I suggest you shoot 9mm major since it produces more gases to work the comp it's felt recoil and dot tracking will be different than using the 9mm single port barrel.  However, that's a personal decision and you can try both options and see what works best for YOUR needs.  But practice as if you were going to compete that way, things will workout smoother~  Ultimately, that's a personal decision so do whats best for you~ 

12 hours ago, RGC said:

I have been biting my tongue through this.  And was not going to make a comment.

But the OP asked a simple question on how to load or use a pistol.  That's it.  Like or dislike the pistol in question, respect the OP.

We have Trolling happening with a lot of items, and I love the threads that state, "what is your opinion on this pistol....".  But members here that wait to jump on any thread (I had a primer fail once at a major therefore I will jump on any primer thread that I see and try to flame them) is not only childish but irresponsible to our sport.

Thanks.  Almost feel bad for starting a battle.  ha ha

On 7/14/2020 at 9:57 PM, RGC said:

Cry me a river whoever you are. I wasn't disrespecting the OP, I was stating my opinion which is on you "list" of okay things to say in a forum. I also answered his question with MY OPINION. Maybe you don't want to read about people that spent 4,500 on a pistol and had a bad experience, move on then. The Honcho is a crap gun made by people that give crap customer service, IMO...., with many problems that don't  get spoken about very often and I'll let whoever I can know about it! This is America still. Deuces.

1 hour ago, Carry9shoot40 said:

Cry me a river whoever you are. I wasn't disrespecting the OP, I was stating my opinion which is on you "list" of okay things to say in a forum. I also answered his question with MY OPINION. Maybe you don't want to read about people that spent 4,500 on a pistol and had a bad experience, move on then. The Honcho is a crap gun made by people that give crap customer service, IMO...., with many problems that don't  get spoken about very often and I'll let whoever I can know about it! This is America still. Deuces.

Yes this is still America. And this is still a privately-owned forum. That specifically means you have no rights here beyond what is permitted in the forum guidelines, conveniently located at the top of every forum page for your viewing pleasure. Take a look sometime. 

Those guidelines include the following:

Posting Guidelines
Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.

I will say this again. . .vendor bashing is not allowed here, because no matter how good the story is, it's only half of a story. Knock it off.

21 hours ago, ima45dv8 said:

Yes this is still America. And this is still a privately-owned forum. That specifically means you have no rights here beyond what is permitted in the forum guidelines, conveniently located at the top of every forum page for your viewing pleasure. Take a look sometime. 

Those guidelines include the following:

Posting Guidelines
Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.

I will say this again. . .vendor bashing is not allowed here, because no matter how good the story is, it's only half of a story. Knock it off.

Great, sounds like grade school rules. If you aren't allowed to say when you think something sucks then why have a forum where people can post their opinions? If I'm in the market for an item I would like to know the good and the bad.  I'm done, peace.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 8:58 PM, VU2AKILL said:

Thinking about a Hocho with 3 barrels: a 40s&w (if i need to go limited),  a 1 port 9mm and a 3 port 9mm major.   Since it is so easy to swap barrels, I am wondering if a guy could shoot 9 major for matches with the 3 port barrel and then swap in the 1 port barrel and have a decent PF load for practice sessions that would feel close to the same as the 9 major load.  Maybe be able to run coated bullets for practice in regular 9mm to and JHP for 9 major loads.  I am still shooting carry ops and have very little experience with comped pistols but it seems like it is feasible.   Any input from more experienced open shooters, specifically Honcho shooters??

Yep. you could certainly do that. Like sarge i think said it wont feel exactly the same. But it would be a bit cheaper for you to shoot 9 minor as opposed to major. 

And you could use that to shoot steel challenge and what not. 

Ive shot a ton of 9major and switched to 38 sc pretty much now. 

if you have any other questions let me know! If you were in the benning area id let you shoot mine for a match and see how you like it!