Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

guys dumping their Gen4s?

bababoris

Noticed and uptick in Gen4 WTS posts now that Glock announced that they are stopping production of Gen4s.  I am wondering if Gen4s will be come a thing in 10 years or if guys are selling them while they can before Gen4s lose some of their value. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Gen 4s are now discontinued junk; you can all send them to me for proper disposal.  The latest generation of perfection has left them worthless, but I'll still throw you a few bucks for them.

Why is everybody selling their gen 4? I shot one for a long time. I took out the Gen 4 trigger with the speed bump and put in a gen 3 trigger, gave me a great trigger pull and a great reset. took out the plastic guide rod, put in a stainless guide rod, made it a hundred percent reliable. As with all glocks I added A set of Dawson competition fiber optic sights. And I really did like the large beavertail that I could put on it made it feel almost like a 2011.

I love my generation 5 Glock 19 with the holosun 507c just saying.

Edited by usmc1974

14 hours ago, bababoris said:

Noticed and uptick in Gen4 WTS posts now that Glock announced that they are stopping production of Gen4s.  I am wondering if Gen4s will be come a thing in 10 years or if guys are selling them while they can before Gen4s lose some of their value. 

Where are you seeing that the Gen 4 is discontinued? 

4 hours ago, Prange said:

If you're going to sell a Glock, now would be the time. Try to find one in a store.

Here is Cali used gen 3s are going for $700+, gen 4s $900+.  Sellers market for sure doing this time.

As others have said, I don't think anything Glock is losing it's value right now.  I personally think there's enough aftermarket support for the Gen4 that will go on for awhile that anyone selling now is just trying to time the market, not because they suddenly have a worthless platform.

3 hours ago, cjmill87 said:

As others have said, I don't think anything Glock is losing it's value right now.  I personally think there's enough aftermarket support for the Gen4 that will go on for awhile that anyone selling now is just trying to time the market, not because they suddenly have a worthless platform.

I think you hit the nail on the head completely. I remember a few years back a Stripped AR Lower went for like $350 but those days is over for now.

I am still loving the Gen 3s.  It is all I have.  The only Gen 5 that has caught my eye is the 17.  I have been debating sending a Gen 3 slide to have cut for DPP.  If the Gen 4s are dumped I have zero issue in getting a 17/34 MOS in Gen 4.

I had Gen 2s and traded them for Gen 3s.  I guess I am in the camp where I like the finger groves.  

At least I hear the .40s Gen 5s are in the pipe.

The DOJ approved handgun list in CA skews any price comparison. And availability ones as well, "the list" is why they have to bring in the gen 3 for that market.

The one gen 4 gun I had I didn't like versus the multiple gen 3 and 5 guns I had/have.

21 hours ago, tdiddi said:

Here is Cali used gen 3s are going for $700+, gen 4s $900+.  Sellers market for sure doing this time.

WOW, this is why I don't sell any guns anymore especially handguns. I just put them in their box or a pistol sleeve and stick them in the back of one of the gun safes. 900 bucks for a Glock,  wow, wow, wow..

Just remember... asking price and selling price are two separate things.

Just picked up a brand new Gen5 G34 for $610 out the door, thanks to my GSSF certificate.

Once I finish up the .40 ammo I've got... it'll be time to put the Gen4 G22 up for sale.

It'll be interesting to see what the market will bear come that point!

12 minutes ago, LeadThrower said:

Just remember... asking price and selling price are two separate things.

Just picked up a brand new Gen5 G34 for $610 out the door, thanks to my GSSF certificate.

Once I finish up the .40 ammo I've got... it'll be time to put the Gen4 G22 up for sale.

It'll be interesting to see what the market will bear come that point!

Congrats, you got a great deal and a rare exception.  I'm sure your gen4 will fetch a good price.

3 minutes ago, tdiddi said:

Congrats, you got a great deal and a rare exception.  I'm sure your gen4 will fetch a good price.

Thanks!

I had to drive about 180 miles to find one in stock, but yeah, definite deal.

If only I had found it before buying 1,000 rounds of .40 from Atlanta Arms.

I will say, their 180gr .40 minor loads are a treat to shoot!

I still don't understand why Glock is discontinuing the Gen 4 Models. There has to be police departments who purchased them who will want parts and replacements now and then. Maybe that's why they are going to offer the Gen  in .40 now.

14 minutes ago, Gary1911A1 said:

I still don't understand why Glock is discontinuing the Gen 4 Models. There has to be police departments who purchased them who will want parts and replacements now and then. Maybe that's why they are going to offer the Gen  in .40 now.

From Glock's perspective, why keep the Gen4?  It costs more to keep legacy versions in production.  They'll still do warranty work on the Gen4 that are out there.

The only reason they're keeping the Gen3 is because there is a CA market for it.