Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 triggers vs hinged triggers

scroadkill

I don't see any A/M/GAs running TSOs . With major power loads does the 2011 style trigger matter more the faster you go?

Do you think a hinged trigger contributes to pulling the second shot of a pair low vs a 2011 trigger - all other things being equal.

It doesnt matter. 

I split just as fast with my shadow 2 as I do with my 2011s.

Watch Yong Lee on youtube, He shoots a sig p320 which has a horrendous reset in comparison to both and still has super fast splits. 

Edited by dansedgli

1 hour ago, scroadkill said:

I don't see any A/M/GAs running TSOs . With major power loads does the 2011 style trigger matter more the faster you go?

Do you think a hinged trigger contributes to pulling the second shot of a pair low vs a 2011 trigger - all other things being equal.

No and no.

I think the TS, TSO and Czechmate lack the infrastructure of gunsmiths and after market parts vs the 2011. I think that would be really important to a top level shooter.

Edited by selecw

Only an A in Lim and M in Prod. I have owned a Atlas Titan, CZ Tac Sport and TS Orange, STI Eagle and Edge. I shot Limited for a very short time. I preferred a metal grip 2011 for Limited. It all had to do with feel, tunability, parts support and so on. Nothing to do with splits.

Any high level shooter can get used to a different trigger, if it is workable. A TS/TSO trigger has very little travel and is usually sub 2 lbs with a rolling break. It is different from a 2011 trigger, but better or worse is a matter of preference.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You're overthinking it:  there are more 2011s because there are more people selling 2011s, there are more people selling 2011s because there's more margin to be made in selling 2011s.

Shooting a TSO will not stop you from becoming a GM, if you like it best, shoot it.

As others stated, it’s mostly about support. I shot Tanfoglio Limited Elite for a long time and the problems I had were with spare parts and access to gunsmiths, not trigger. 

Front sight design calls for a lot of Loctite, so does pretravel trigger screw. Toggle safety is not good for USPSA, too easy to engage if you rest your thumb on it. Had to have a gunsmith trim it at an angle. Doesn’t help that detents are mushy on the safety. Even rear sight called for some Loctite. 

However, there was nothing wrong with the trigger itself or the gun when it was correctly glued together. I still have it and won’t sell it. 

Also, if I’m not mistaken, the upper part of the grip that SVI calls “signature grip” is shaped after CZ/Tanfo. Pinning grip safety is also to make 2011 like CZ/Tanfo, not the other way around. 

Quite a bit of crossover...

8 hours ago, IVC said:

Also, if I’m not mistaken, the upper part of the grip that SVI calls “signature grip” is shaped after CZ/Tanfo. Pinning grip safety is also to make 2011 like CZ/Tanfo, not the other way around. 

Quite a bit of crossover...

yep. the cheely E2 has a similar profile.. has me interested

24 minutes ago, scroadkill said:

yep. the cheely E2 has a similar profile.. has me interested

I have both a TS that I did a grip reduction on, deepened the beavertail and undercut the trigger guard.  It fits and feels much better than the TSO grip.  I also have a Cheely e2 grip with the non-functioning grip safety on an Open gun.  It is the most comfortable 2011 grip I've handled, and I like it better than my customized TS grip.

UPDATE: Its not really the trigger that has me curious now.. its the weight distribution, and front sight getting back on target. Last Saturday I managed to bench my TSOs for the day and shoot a match - first half with a 5" Cameron Custom bull barrel 2011 40sw .. and the second half with an Altas Nemesis.

The Cameron Custom felt like a lot like my TSO.. kind of ho hum,, very nice gun but not really different. And to be fair the loads were not tuned for that gun, and the sights were just rough adjusted (it was brand new never fired).  

But then I ran the Nemesis.. and OH MY. Just a few targets in I was distracted by how fast the front sight was back on target just screaming at me to go faster. Not the same. Not close. The trigger comparison was really close I don't think I even noticed once the beeper went off.. The other ergos were close enough to only be a mild distraction. a few hundred rounds and some dry fire can fix that easy peasy. Its the sights and recoil characteristics that will take some time to adjust to.  In Limited I'm only able to go as fast as I can see and the sights settle.. but these sights settle faster than my brain is accustomed to. Might be a game changer.

Next match is just a few days away.. and I'm planning on another half-and-half match.. Nemesis vs a stroked Akai tungsten sleeved gun. Should be interesting. May be an expensive weekend. Its nice to have friends who are wiling to let me play with their toys.. I guess it helps when they are selling the toys in question. lol.

9 hours ago, scroadkill said:

UPDATE: Its not really the trigger that has me curious now.. its the weight distribution, and front sight getting back on target. Last Saturday I managed to bench my TSOs for the day and shoot a match - first half with a 5" Cameron Custom bull barrel 2011 40sw .. and the second half with an Altas Nemesis.

The Cameron Custom felt like a lot like my TSO.. kind of ho hum,, very nice gun but not really different. And to be fair the loads were not tuned for that gun, and the sights were just rough adjusted (it was brand new never fired).  

But then I ran the Nemesis.. and OH MY. Just a few targets in I was distracted by how fast the front sight was back on target just screaming at me to go faster. Not the same. Not close. The trigger comparison was really close I don't think I even noticed once the beeper went off.. The other ergos were close enough to only be a mild distraction. a few hundred rounds and some dry fire can fix that easy peasy. Its the sights and recoil characteristics that will take some time to adjust to.  In Limited I'm only able to go as fast as I can see and the sights settle.. but these sights settle faster than my brain is accustomed to. Might be a game changer.

Next match is just a few days away.. and I'm planning on another half-and-half match.. Nemesis vs a stroked Akai tungsten sleeved gun. Should be interesting. May be an expensive weekend. Its nice to have friends who are wiling to let me play with their toys.. I guess it helps when they are selling the toys in question. lol.

the Nemesis "feels" much more like a open gun than the traditional limited guns I have shot (Tanfo, CZ, 2011) but I honestly don't think it matters to you score much at all, not saying I wouldn't have one if I could just that any gun that runs 100% wont hold you back enough to matter. 

15 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

the Nemesis "feels" much more like a open gun than the traditional limited guns I have shot (Tanfo, CZ, 2011) but I honestly don't think it matters to you score much at all, not saying I wouldn't have one if I could just that any gun that runs 100% wont hold you back enough to matter. 

I'm hoping the open feeling will translate into tighter pairs - and then acceptable pairs while moving more aggressively - and then shaving a few seconds here and there.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Stdz said:

How come people can't copy the 2011 trigger? Since it's so highly regarded? 

Because by the time you made all the changes necessary to copy the 1911/2011 trigger it would be a 1911/2011.

Nolan

On 8/6/2020 at 1:10 AM, Stdz said:

How come people can't copy the 2011 trigger? Since it's so highly regarded? 

Some people are, and you will shortly have a CZ style pistol with a 1911 trigger system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Idk, but if your after feel. It’s gotta be a 2011 
my tso has a 1.12lbs trigger with a very  minimal wall. There’s not much feel there at all. 
Except that it’s light !!
What hammer spring are you running then? My ts was like that with a 13lb hammer spring, till I realized it makes no sense to spring a SA like DA/SA. The 23lb hammer spring provides the wall i was looking for and helps slow down the slide initially.

It works great for me. It shoots very flat, like 1/4" muzzle rise. I have xl hands and a strong grip, but I personally think it would work well for anybody. It seems like the recoil spring is the one that is more tuned to the user.