Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mk7 Revolution loading at 3500 RPH

Well, technically 3135 RPH with the Index at 2. Got her dialed in nicely now, CCI primers, cases are rollsized and processed beforehand. Running 3.22gr of Tightgroup, CCI SPP, mixed range brass, 147gr CamPro bullet. 

4 hours ago, slavex said:

Well, technically 3135 RPH with the Index at 2. Got her dialed in nicely now, CCI primers, cases are rollsized and processed beforehand. Running 3.22gr of Tightgroup, CCI SPP, mixed range brass, 147gr CamPro bullet. 

that thing is flying! Have you had any issues with the digital powder drop?

1 hour ago, tmz said:

I tried there, however unless you live in the US or South Africa they won’t ship it to you.  My US based P.O. Box is only 90 minutes away by car  but with the border closed......😕

I’m just in the process of setting up the dies on my machine, I tried 2000 rph out of curiosity and was like whoooa 😮

15 hours ago, slavex said:

Have you tried bottle necked rifle cases say like .223 or .308?

Since the rifle cases are more top heavy and then add a bullet sitting on a case mouth with very little flare,  one would think the bullets would like to fall off .

16 hours ago, slavex said:

I'd sure like to stop by your place with a bunch of my components for about 4 hours...

9 hours ago, slavex said:

@Chills1994 no, haven't run rifle cases, I was going to set it up for 223 but our recent gun ban killed that plan. I suspect I'd have to run it slower for loading. 

Sorry to hear about the ban.

😞

Thanks for the reply!

On 7/12/2020 at 6:41 PM, Chills1994 said:

Have you tried bottle necked rifle cases say like .223 or .308?

Since the rifle cases are more top heavy and then add a bullet sitting on a case mouth with very little flare,  one would think the bullets would like to fall off .

I have that issue with 9mm powder coated bullets. It takes some tweaking to get the flare right or else they topple off at high speeds. 

1 hour ago, slavex said:

a mix of them. Might Armory Decap and Sizer, Redding competition Seating die and GBO Reload crimp die. 

I got the FW arms decapping die in. I am going to try this thing out without prepping the brass and see how good/bad it is.

I typically do a prep cycle and then load cycle on 9mm just because everything runs way smoother. I am hoping I can get it down to really smooth 1 pass loading vs 2. 

I do two pass as well @Thetimb but I have my loading toolhead setup with a decap and sizing die just in case a piece of brass sneaks into a bucket (usually because of a friend being helpful and picking up a piece of brass off the floor and throwing it into the wrong bucket). I'll never go back to single pass again.