Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If eyes and ears were included in the Nationals Equip Survey...

wdfwguy

Oakley would be high up on glasses I think just because it’s been a popular brand for years, and Hunters HD Gold seems to be fairly popular. No clue about ears, I use Premear and like them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some oakley's once. Hated them. Ear muffs  caused the temple pieces to dig into my head . The arms are curved in and pointed. No thanks.
Used basic Wiley X's for ever.. Sabre maybe ?  Now using  Military BC's prescriptions. Get 2 pair free a year.
Far as ears,,, umm whatever yellow ones Lowes had,, Pelltor ? plus squishy foams

Since I work in an industrial field, my prescription glasses are also ANSI Z87.1 and I'd rather wear soft foam ear plugs which, when correctly inserted, have an NRR superior to almost any set of earmuffs from anyone.  Plus I sweat like a pig under the ear muff cups.

That would be somewhat interesting. Probably depends on the discount, sponsorship, etc.

I'd bet eyes top three would be Oakley, Rudy Project and Hunters.  

Ears I'd bet some form of in ear electronic. E.A.R, Soundgear, ESP, etc. 

3 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Since I work in an industrial field, my prescription glasses are also ANSI Z87.1 and I'd rather wear soft foam ear plugs which, when correctly inserted, have an NRR superior to almost any set of earmuffs from anyone.  Plus I sweat like a pig under the ear muff cups.

I tried shooting Open with foam plugs and custom molded plugs and my ears are still ringing.😊 Muffs are the only thing that handles that much noise for me

9 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

According to my audiologist, despite the NRR they do not protect you as well as muffs. You are still taking damage through the soft tissue around the ear canal. Might "sound " a bit quieter. But ur ear parts are still getting beat up. The muffs surround the whole area.
At work and at the range I tend to where foamy's or tripple flange rubber all the time. Then put the muffs on when I head into a high noise area or when I am actually shooting or RO'ing someone.
Seems we had a discussion at one time where certain folks were refusing to RO for certain open shooters. Those with  Tanfo;s running loudshot seem to ring a bell..... LOL,, pun intended.

7 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

According to my audiologist, despite the NRR they do not protect you as well as muffs. You are still taking damage through the soft tissue around the ear canal. Might "sound " a bit quieter. But ur ear parts are still getting beat up. The muffs surround the whole area.
At work and at the range I tend to where foamy's or tripple flange rubber all the time. Then put the muffs on when I head into a high noise area or when I am actually shooting or RO'ing someone.
Seems we had a discussion at one time where certain folks were refusing to RO for certain open shooters. Those with  Tanfo;s running loudshot seem to ring a bell..... LOL,, pun intended.

I wear doubles when shooting indoor.  Otherwise I just wear well-fitted plugs.

I used to just wear foamies or just muffs, but the past couple months I've been using both. Standard foamies and Walkers Razor electronic muffs. Still let's me hear talking but really cuts down on the open shooters guns. 

Eye protection, I've been using Wiley X Guard for probably 6-7 years. 

On 7/12/2020 at 5:45 AM, Sarge said:

Still haven’t found anything better than Rudy Project glasses. Peltor tactical Pro with gel cups are awesome ear pro

Exact same for me.

On 7/12/2020 at 1:37 PM, Sarge said:

I tried shooting Open with foam plugs and custom molded plugs and my ears are still ringing.😊 Muffs are the only thing that handles that much noise for me

I actually double up with custom molded and muffs.  Just one or the other and my head hurts.  Not worth the risk and I can still hear the timer just fine.

Had Oakleys, switched to Rudys this year because they claimed not to fog up.  They're better then the oakley but I still get a bit of moisture build up on the lense in the heat.  
I just switched to walker electronic in ear plugs.  I prefer muffs but they get too dang sweaty when its hot out.

Oakley photochromatic, vented (so I don't ever have to change lenses or glasses due to varying light conditions or fogging up) and MSA Sordin extreme with GelCaps over in-ear foamy plugs (best overall hearing protection especially around Open guns or indoors)

Edited by race1911