Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6mm Arc

sschultz

The short answer is that I've tested the 112's down to the 2.31" oal that my ASC mags allow and everything ran great.

The long answer is that I'm using windowed mags and have the magwell and barrel extension cut to accept 2.42" oal. The load I settled on is 2.37ish, lands were 2.38" iirc. Receiver is a Seekins and barrel is an X Caliber 22" 7.7 twist. Tried 8208 and I was happy most of the time but pressure got spiky with temp changes so CFE is the new go to, don't remember powder charge but I'm at around 2640fps. Shoots great!

10139.jpeg

Had my first range day with my 6 ARC. I only had 13 rounds of Factory 105 BTHP to work with. The gun is not finished yet, but very shootable.

After establishing a 100 yard zero, that was an inch. I moved to our 400 yard range. With some help from Strelok I hit small plates at 200, 300, and 400 yards. Ran out of ammo way too quick.

The gun is a very pleasant gun to shoot.

Now to start working up a few handloads and get back out before the weather turns bad.

All considered, I'm very happy.

Gary

18 hours ago, Gary Stevens said:

Had my first range day with my 6 ARC. I only had 13 rounds of Factory 105 BTHP to work with. The gun is not finished yet, but very shootable.

After establishing a 100 yard zero, that was an inch. I moved to our 400 yard range. With some help from Strelok I hit small plates at 200, 300, and 400 yards. Ran out of ammo way too quick.

The gun is a very pleasant gun to shoot.

Now to start working up a few handloads and get back out before the weather turns bad.

All considered, I'm very happy.

Gary

Great to hear a good report on this one! What gas/buffer system are you running?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Gary- What are the advantages of the 6 ARC vs the 6mm Creed? Have been shooting the 6 Creed for several years, like it, and doing well with it. Reloading is going well with a 108 gr ELD Hornady bullet using 41 gr of Hodgen 4350. Get less than 1/2 inch groups at 100 yds with my RPR. Group at 400 yds- oops threw one shot!

20190829_170110.jpg

Probably nothing. In my case I had a high end Sig scope left over from a gun sale. I thought the cartridge was interesting and decided to build a bolt gun around it. So far I'm very pleased with it. If ammo situation ever gets better and I get better weather I'll be able to stretch it out more.

Your 6 Creed looks like it is doing what it's supposed to do.

5 hours ago, verla said:

What are the advantages of the 6 ARC vs the 6mm Creed? 

Apples to Oranges. 6 ARC is for max performance within AR15 mag limitations. 6CM is max performance with an AR10 mag. 6ARC will have longer barrel life, less powder used, lower recoil and fit in the smaller guns. 6CM is better ballistically but has all the drawbacks associated with ballistic performance.

• 7 months later...