Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walther PPQ Q5 SF grips.

ohsevenflhx

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, hwansikcjswo said:

Black looks sexy! I just ordered the brass grip myself. I might try using black sharpie for the "coating" lol

hmmmm.... 40 dollars is too much to have them professionally Cerakoted? Just curious....

4 hours ago, ohsevenflhx said:

hmmmm.... 40 dollars is too much to have them professionally Cerakoted? Just curious....

40 dollars? I didn't know that. I thought It'd be more like $100 to do that. I have no experience in getting one done so far.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 8:15 PM, hwansikcjswo said:

40 dollars? I didn't know that. I thought It'd be more like $100 to do that. I have no experience in getting one done so far.

As someone who has done quite a bit of cerakoting, a lot of what I charge for is surface prep, degreasing, degreasing, degreasing some more, sandblasting, masking, etc.

With grips? Dunk them in acetone, toss ‘em in the sandblaster to roughen them up, and spray the entire object. I’d probably have 30 minutes invested in coating a pair. $40 is super fair if I already have the cerakote product going onto another item that day.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

17 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

As someone who has done quite a bit of cerakoting, a lot of what I charge for is surface prep, degreasing, degreasing, degreasing some more, sandblasting, masking, etc.

With grips? Dunk them in acetone, toss ‘em in the sandblaster to roughen them up, and spray the entire object. I’d probably have 30 minutes invested in coating a pair. $40 is super fair if I already have the cerakote product going onto another item that day.

Lok had no finish on these grips, and they were new. So pretty clean to start with. I also didn't choose a fancy color. The owner said this is a standard color they keep on hand, so the whole process moved quickly because it was kept it uncomplicated.