Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Space City Challenge 2006

Tom,

I don't know what the broad band options are there at PSC, but I just finished designing.building, and installing a wireless, point-to-point link to hook our offices up to our homes that is capable of making over 10 miles. Granted, I over-engineered it, but it gives full bandwidth and acts just like you had it hard-wired in.

If y'all have to go wireless and want some help with it, gimme a holler, since I'll be in the area frequently over the next 6 months.

RE: SCC 2006... It was a great experience and a well-run match. I thoroughly enjoyed it. My shooting certainly wasn't up to par, but I had a grand time... I'll definitely be back next year.... and with Manny's help, I plan to make a much better showing as a shooter. ;)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great match !! squad 4 was awesome !! Congrats to all, especially the ones who make the match possible !!

Just got home, 14 hours, Left this morning. ( I have lots of family in the area to see )

Learned a lot watching and filming squad 10 on Sunday.

until next year ??

Scores posting every night

- Debbie and I moved to Alvin for the match. The normal range computer died in the move from the stat shack to the "Blue Building". Debbie used my home computer for score keeping. Each night, I backed up the scores, broke the computer down and set it up in our hotel room.

That was a bit of work.

EzWinScore Data entry

- I won't say Debbie is fast but, she was so bored that she sorted and filed the score sheets to kill time. We've been married 26 years and I still think I got the best end of that deal.

Not only did they get scores out every night, Tom was up, taking e-mail corrections sometime after 1AM. Great job, but get some rest now!

Tom, I'll offer up one piece of constructive criticism for next year. Make an earnest effort to get a chrono box made, and a clear plastic box/windscreen to put the scale inside. That will help you provide a more accurate chrono experience to your competitors.

I don't think any bad results were obtained - the chrono experience is so definitive to a competitors score, though, that (in my opinion) every effort should be made to provide as accurate a result as possible, given the equipment available. Weighing bullets on a beam scale out in the wind (to a 70,000th of a pound) is dubious, at best. I'm frankly kind of suprised that my results matched controlled conditions so closely.

We have stored the bridge in a hole on the other side of the berm. We plan to cover it with dirt to keep it from getting damaged.

There's lots of lumber in that bridge Tom, and the instructions are really simple if you need it next year:

"Build an ark 300 cubits by 50 cubits..." :)

Thanks again for an outstanding match.

David C