Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strain screw backing out

Tangent395

This is a common problem. The best fix is to clean with solvent, then coat the screw and hole threads with blue 242 or purple 222 Loctite, assemble and tighten the screw and wipe off any excess Loctite. A Q tip will help get into the corners. Blue and Purple can be undone easily without heat. Don't use red or green. They require a lot of heat to break loose.

Edited by Toolguy

Just use some blue lecture to secure it.
Is it screwed in all the way, securely? Many folks back out the screw to lighten the trigger pull, but a better method is to shorten the screw so that it’s always tightened securely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you ever use or have to break red loctite use some bees wax. I have used this numerous times and is an old machinists trick. You will be amazed and just enough heat to melt the wax. 

Just don't overdo it, don't want Loc-Tite inside.  If you don't have loc-tite you can also use finger nail polish.

Oh and if it's happening on that screw check the others & the Strain Screw.

For some reason lately I've had that issue with mine, rarely had it before but I'm putting a lot of rounds down range, so I cleaned "everything" and put just a drop of 242 on "all" of the screws (except for the sight adjustments of coursed) including the thumb release screw & the sight base screw as I have had them loosen up in the past too.  Just a drop mind you though.

Edited by pskys2

On 7/10/2020 at 2:28 PM, revoman said:

If you ever use or have to break red loctite use some bees wax. I have used this numerous times and is an old machinists trick. You will be amazed and just enough heat to melt the wax. 

Interesting. How are you using the wax? Melting it on top of the screw that you want to remove?