Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hand Guard recommendations


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, cecil said:

Taccom has  lightweight hand guards ... very reasonable...   2 of my PCC;s has the carbon fiber handguards..  

 

^^This^^  I have one of their Carbon Fiber Handguards on one of my PCC's too.

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

None of the listed options comes anywhere near Taccom's price, tbey sell quality stuff at eminently fair prices.

 

Midwest Industries also sells nice aluminum handguards at decent prices.

 

Bargain basement shopping? Mentium sells what looks and feels like a decent enough handguard for as low as $50.00. I bought on just because I wanted to see if it was junk. So far seems to work well enough, but it only has two matches a a few practice sessions on it. Jury's still out 

Link to comment

I have five or six Mentium free float handguards and they ALL fit perfectly.  I see some of the prices for other handguards that are available and I wouldn't even THINK of blowing the money that I'd have to pay for some of them.  The handguard is NOT going to make me shoot any better if I match the handguard to the application. Mentium has plenty of options and spending over two hundred dollars for something that can be used for less than 70 dollars is strange to me...

Link to comment
50 minutes ago, copterdrvr said:

I have five or six Mentium free float handguards and they ALL fit perfectly.  I see some of the prices for other handguards that are available and I wouldn't even THINK of blowing the money that I'd have to pay for some of them.  The handguard is NOT going to make me shoot any better if I match the handguard to the application. Mentium has plenty of options and spending over two hundred dollars for something that can be used for less than 70 dollars is strange to me...

 

Smoke composites for sure.  I understand the mental unrest that comes with looking at the price.  Lightening up the front end actually may help you shoot better as your transition speed may be drastically improved.  
Now for most people that probably won't be the case.  I'm coming from a full 14.5" JP Gmr upper which ways an astronomical amount.  I've done experimenting with supper light uppers and transitions and immediately ordered a brekke upper with the CF handguard.  

 

PCC and open in my opinion are the most gear determinant divisions as the upper levels are super close in time and points.  

Link to comment
44 minutes ago, hello0o0o0o said:

 

Smoke composites for sure.  I understand the mental unrest that comes with looking at the price.  Lightening up the front end actually may help you shoot better as your transition speed may be drastically improved.  
Now for most people that probably won't be the case.  I'm coming from a full 14.5" JP Gmr upper which ways an astronomical amount.  I've done experimenting with supper light uppers and transitions and immediately ordered a brekke upper with the CF handguard.  

 

PCC and open in my opinion are the most gear determinant divisions as the upper levels are super close in time and points.  

I can cut 6" off the end on a barrel and pin and weld an aluminum tube as a shroud for about $12.00 (figure $50.00 or so if you need to pay someone for this work) which is a ton less than an other than Taccom CF handguard. And my way takes the weight off the end of the barrel, which makes it seem like a bigger weight loss. Doesn't look near as cool as those high-dollar CF handguards, but as ugly as I am, it don't matter.

Link to comment

you could wait a month for this......14.5" long carbon fiber, blast shield/extension, colors.......solid mount.....small diameter, 6 ounces, $160 price range.....pretty much designed for any legal 16" barrel configuration.

116355028_4398118200206253_6843838986013296106_o.thumb.png.f822fa31cd74850eea1d50b7f63fdcec.png

Link to comment
you could wait a month for this......14.5" long carbon fiber, blast shield/extension, colors.......solid mount.....small diameter, 6 ounces, $160 price range.....pretty much designed for any legal 16" barrel configuration.
116355028_4398118200206253_6843838986013296106_o.thumb.png.f822fa31cd74850eea1d50b7f63fdcec.png

That seems like a really iffy design where the gas ports onto the CF shield and through the top of the handguard where your hand might go
Link to comment
20 hours ago, hello0o0o0o said:


That seems like a really iffy design where the gas ports onto the CF shield and through the top of the handguard where your hand might go

Not really.....the blast shield (removable and place-able) protects you hand from the brake gases, unless you shoot your PCC with the 'hand over the top' The shield covers 270 degrees and still allows for the gas to go straight up. Of course if you are shooting a UWL or standard 16" barrel, then you would not need the blast shield and the hand guard will be sturdy enough to run iron sights on the front as well.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...