Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifle length buffer tube and blitzkrieg ??

I have their recommended orange spring, weight and hydraulic buffer.  Runs fine but blitzkrieg states it will damage the gun.  Why.  Seems to run smoother than the carbine buffer tube. 

Your input would be greatly appreciated. 

Maybe running carbine length buffer and spring in a rifle tube will allow the bolt to go too far back and beat up the buffer pin? My pin is out in my carbine tube, but it just makes it easier to get apart and modify. My top end is all Taccom with a QC10 side charger upper. Is the orange spring for a carbine or rifle?

3 hours ago, jvr said:

I have their recommended orange spring, weight and hydraulic buffer.  Runs fine but blitzkrieg states it will damage the gun.  Why.  Seems to run smoother than the carbine buffer tube. 

Your input would be greatly appreciated. 

If you are luckie the buffer tube were it screws into the receiver will brake if not the receiver will. Have see this first hand three different times. All three were running carbine guts in rifle tube.

install the spacer referred to above.

Carbine spring in a rifle buffer tube means there is less preload on the bolt so it will start moving back early.

The big issue is a rifle buffer is longer than the carbine buffer in order to limit the travel of the bolt carrier. By using the carbine buffer, the bcg is probably hitting the charging handle.

Pardon my ignorance in all of this.  I have always bought factory built guns.  Could I put the rifle length spring in vs spacer? 

its the buffer that's the issue.  If you have a rifle buffer compare the length to your bliz buffer .

The buffer stops the rearward travel. Get the spacer or don't up to you its your gun,your eyes,

your face, your hand.

It is carbine length.  I can just go back to a carbine tube.  Just trying to get to a flat shooting pcc. It’s pretty good now.  

Thanks for everyone’s input. 

In the rifle tube, Try blitz 5150 jp rifle spring and 2 or 3  2.6 oz weights in front. 

also don’t know it it’s been said, but using a rifle tube with carbine internals will damage the bcg by allowing it to travel to far rearward and hitting the  “carrier key” against the rear. 

Edited by Bwillis

I'm running Blitzkrieg's high dampened kit in a carbine buffer tube with a 14.5" barrel. The orange .308 carbine spring is quite stiff when compressed and you can feel when you start to compress the buffer at the end of the stroke. This dampens the shock of the bcg / buffer group contacting the end of the buffer tube quite well over the solid 7.5 oz buffer. I shoot full power factory loads . Mostly The cheapest brass case 115gr but my gun is most accurate with 147gr . The 147gr. shoots quite soft with little bounce.

I'm running a POF buffer tube using a JP AR15 rifle buffer spring and a Blitzkrieg HD buffer and it functions perfectly! It does NOT allow the bolt to contact the back of the lower receiver and functions perfectly.