Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black bullets for 9 major?

dirty5thirty

I run blues in 9 major.356 sized. Idk what they use but work great.  Just shoot few jhp here an there an cleans Comp. I tried sns an bayou also in 9 major an they are much like black bullets an they clogged Comp up in seconds

I have shot both coated & JHP's in open & PCC's with comps. The JHP will clean the barrel portion of the comp not the baffles of lead. Had to use a Dremel with a flattened nail to get the lead out of the baffles.

gerritm

Tried Black Bullets Int in my 38 SC Open gun at my Major load.  Lots of dark smoke being forced out the comp ports, gun looked like a Locomotive.  However they ran fine as a minor load for Steel Challenge.

12 hours ago, dirty5thirty said:

I've seen people run blues for 9 major I was curious if anyone has tried black bullets. They seem to be the only manufacturer with product in stock and shipping in 3 days... despite the RONA.

Thanks for the advice.

Who cares if they ship in 3 days or a week. They probably sell a lot less is why. Higher quality shipped in a reasonable time is all that matters.

5 hours ago, Glock17open said:

That doesn't answer why or how it cleans the comp

Jhp is a jacket Bullet mean no lead base whole Bullet is coated. When u shoot em they clean Comp out of lead up Comp. It’s Magic

Remember the $100,000 Pyramid game show....

Here are the clues:

Coated bullets in Open, Limited Minor, Open Glocks, Lee Progressive presses....

Answer: Things that you can use  in USPSA but better options exists

11 hours ago, Balakay said:

Remember the $100,000 Pyramid game show....

Here are the clues:

Coated bullets in Open, Limited Minor, Open Glocks, Lee Progressive presses....

Answer: Things that you can use  in USPSA but better options exists

I like that ! lol

On 7/9/2020 at 3:59 PM, 36873687 said:

Jhp is a jacket Bullet mean no lead base whole Bullet is coated. When u shoot em they clean Comp out of lead up Comp. It’s Magic

How does this magic happen?

On 7/10/2020 at 11:35 PM, selecw said:

How does this magic happen?

It doesn't.  No amount of JHP or heavy plated shooting will clear all the lead deposited by coated bullets out of a comp.  It will clear deposited lead out of poppels, but not the comp port bottoms or baffles.  I once shot 100 poly coated bullets through an Open gun, because the maker claimed they were fine with comps.  BS.  I shot the rest of the season with MG JHPs and still had to clean the lead from those 100 coated bullets out by hand.

1 hour ago, zzt said:

It doesn't.  No amount of JHP or heavy plated shooting will clear all the lead deposited by coated bullets out of a comp.  It will clear deposited lead out of poppels, but not the comp port bottoms or baffles.  I once shot 100 poly coated bullets through an Open gun, because the maker claimed they were fine with comps.  BS.  I shot the rest of the season with MG JHPs and still had to clean the lead from those 100 coated bullets out by hand.

I’m sure with black Bullets u did have build up in the Comp. 

2 hours ago, 36873687 said:

I’m sure with black Bullets u did have build up in the Comp. 

They were not black bullets.  I was warned off them, so I didn't try them.  My buddy shot Blue bullets and they leaded his comp up badly.  The ones I shot were Hi-Tek coated if I remember correctly.  Another shooting buddy uses Purple PC bullets and he has crud in his comp.  The 3 cents a bullet I could save is just not worth it to me.  Plus, plated and JHPs do not stink or smoke when fired.

I shot thousands of blues .356  in open guns. I’ve never had dremmel Comp out.i do once year might hit it with beed blaster . An Shoot few jhp at end of practice

Edited by 36873687