Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Maritime firing pin spring cups

jlohlun

Unless the gun is going to be submerged, they are a waste of time and money.

The added benefit of them is that they are harder to install and easier to break and lose.

The only real advantage to the Maritime Cups (if you ain't swimmin' & shootin') is that Firing Pin velocity will remain high even if you get a little oil, cleaning solvent, or other liquids down into the channel.  If you don't do this (or religiously clean the channel), the Maritime Cups are a waste of effort and money, as noted above.

I just recently installed a set of maritime cups simply because they were available the the std cups were not.  It could be a placebo, but i could wear the striker feels different.... snapier, with the maritime cups compared  to the OEM.  Anyone else experience this or similar performance differences other than the obvious water related bits? 

On 7/16/2020 at 7:39 PM, Eli_a said:

Doesn’t the Glock 19X have those installed from the factory ?

Yes they do; part of the specs on the military gun that the 19X was intended to be.

If you are chasing a better trigger then take a Dremel and Flitz to the regular spring cups. Leave them assembled in the striker and you can polish the cups and striker spring. 

change the Glock channel liner with a white Lone Wolf one. They are much smoother. Or, you can polish a Glock channel liner with flitz and a bore mop. 

1 hour ago, Honeybooboo said:

If you are chasing a better trigger then take a Dremel and Flitz to the regular spring cups. Leave them assembled in the striker and you can polish the cups and striker spring. 

change the Glock channel liner with a white Lone Wolf one. They are much smoother. Or, you can polish a Glock channel liner with flitz and a bore mop. 

Polishing the cups and the channel liner is a recipe for dimension changes, and as such causing more problems.

Leave them alone or change to other parts.

On 7/8/2020 at 2:20 PM, jlohlun said:

Anyone  bought and  tried out ghost maritime firing pin cups on their glocks ? 

I have a set, maybe a few, because why not. They're in my main CO gun for sure, many thousands of rounds, none underwater, no issues.

One of the the better known custom triggers makers includes (or at least did the last time I purchased one) maritime cups in their kits to reduce drag.  I found it did make a difference in performance but also the need to clean the channel more frequently due to carbon getting through the gaps.

Edited by NWfront

On 8/1/2020 at 6:32 AM, RePete said:

Polishing the cups and the channel liner is a recipe for dimension changes, and as such causing more problems.

Leave them alone or change to other parts.

I’ll take the word of Jonny Glock and just about every other Glock expert.