Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Charlie Daniels

lefty o

I am so glad that my wife and I decided to ignore the pandemic warning and go see him in concert back in March. His show was great, and he was not afraid to tell things how he saw them. I was going to take my little boy to see him next month, and we had back stage access for the show. He cried when we told him that Charlie had died. 

Charlie worked hard to distance himself from his early days, where he supported smokin' dope. 

Regardless, "Long-Haired Country Boy" and "Uneasy Rider" were stone-cold classics. 

He was a real American, and an unabashed supporter of our armed services and law enforcement services. 

In light of that, he has no apologies to make for his early recordings. 

(and Uneasy Rider was a riot!)

Saw him a few times when he performed at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center. He performed for free during the Fourth of July concert at the base along with Rockford Illinois band Cheap Trick. He’s a patriot and an avid  supporter of the military.

In Terra Haute Indiana many years ago Charlie was the opener for a Marshal Tucker band concert.

One or two of the MTB folks had the flu, they played 2 songs, apologized, and that was it. CDB carried the show and worked their butts off in the process, I think they played every song they knew and made up a couple more along the way :) .