Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm +P to major w lead bullet + cz czechmate

Squirrel45

Hi guys, 

I.have been reloading for a number of years and have loaded for 45auto comp guns w coated. However this is my first go at 9mm comp. IV loaded thousands of target 147g 9mm but not hot 9s. From reading through the archives it seems that 124/5g w 7ish g of autocomp would be appropriate. My question is can coated bullets take this pressure or do I need to run plated / jacket? I ask this because I shot some 124g MO. Smallball non coated w 4.8g autocomp and it seemed that the comp loaded up pretty good. 

Any thoughts would be great as I'm new to this czechmate and loading hotter 9s 

Thanks 

Squirrel

Nice! That is a great post, do you think autocomp is a good powder to run or should I be looking at something else? I have autocomp, aa7, hs6, w572 all are these are the slow powders I have. Open to any others 

Thanks! 

I have tried autocomp with both 115 and 124 Gr PD JHP and also AA7 with the same bullets. I like the AA7 better. It produces more gas and the recoil is not as harsh as the WAC at the same PF.

Im loading 124 Gr PD JHP with 9.7 Gr of AA7 @ 1.165” OAL for 171 PF.

I'm using 10.0grs SWMP with 115 Hi Tek coated in my Czechmate. Also tried AA7 and HS6. I prefer as much gas as possible for the comp.

I soak the comp in Hoppes 9 when not in use...usually in 5 to 7 days of soaking the build up wipes out with q-tips.

Use your AA7 and either JHPs, CMJs or heavy plate plated.  10,000 rounds later you will still be able to see the machining marks on the bottom of the comp ports.

10 hours ago, PhotoRecon said:

I'm using 10.0grs SWMP with 115 Hi Tek coated in my Czechmate. Also tried AA7 and HS6. I prefer as much gas as possible for the comp.

I soak the comp in Hoppes 9 when not in use...usually in 5 to 7 days of soaking the build up wipes out with q-tips.

AA7 and SWMP are identical powders iirc.

7 hours ago, George16 said:

AA7 and SWMP are identical powders iirc.

They have a similar burn rate, but they're not exactly the same (SWMP is actually a little slower), @Leadpilot took this picture for comparison:

Shooters' World Major Pistol on the left, AA7 on the right

68605D15-C726-4601-9504-DDA1A27EE092.jpe

Edited by kneelingatlas

1 hour ago, George16 said:

I see. I’m thinking about going with SWMP because the AA7 leaks on my Dillon PM.

So will SWMP.  It is really fine.  Did we have a discussion about using a Hornady Powder Measure on a Dillon?  That's what I use and have zero issues with fine powder.

1 hour ago, zzt said:

So will SWMP.  It is really fine.  Did we have a discussion about using a Hornady Powder Measure on a Dillon?  That's what I use and have zero issues with fine powder.

Yes we did. I still waiting for my 1100 to arrive so I can use the Hornady I got from a friend.

17 hours ago, George16 said:

I see. I’m thinking about going with SWMP because the AA7 leaks on my Dillon PM.

IV also had this issue, with as 5,7 and 9. I was loading 357s for a friend of mine and after 100 rounds the powder drop bar would start sticking.