Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommendation for a good degreaser

JasonTrewin

I use diesel fuel & toothbrush blow off with air compressor. If you "de-grease" anything in Florida it will rust by tomorrow.

Agree 100%.
Ask me how I know [emoji2959]
Still, it beats the Northeast in the winter [emoji3063]

Isopropyl alcohol (ribbing alcohol) is a great degreaser for metallic parts. It will clean down to the pores of the metal...but be sure to oil your parts right afterwards or they will rust in short order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not sure about non-chlorinated brake cleaner but chlorinated brake cleaner will remove paint from painted grips. I’d also be careful to keep it away from sights with painted dots. It’s probably not a bad idea to keep strong solvents away from the special coating on glass optics as well.

Edited by Remy

1 hour ago, Remy said:

I’m not sure about non-chlorinated brake cleaner but chlorinated brake cleaner will remove paint from painted grips. I’d also be careful to keep it away from sights with painted dots. It’s probably not a bad idea to keep strong solvents away from the special coating on glass optics as well.

Non-chlorinated brake cleaner is as potent as the chlorinated version. It will remove paint from painted grips and dots on your sight and safety indicator.