Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10mm powder opinions

venatic

Been loading 9mm for a few years mainly using N320 for light recoil moderate loads.

Now trying my hand at 10mm and was wondering what powders would be for lack of a better description the equivalent to n320 in 9mm to use in 10mm.

Only powder I have tried is Power Pistol because a friend gave me two containers of it.

Loaded it with 155 gr at 1225fps and it seems to shoot well enough but wondering if powder wise there are options that would be better.

Been loading 9mm for a few years mainly using N320 for light recoil moderate loads.

Now trying my hand at 10mm and was wondering what powders would be for lack of a better description the equivalent to n320 in 9mm to use in 10mm.

Only powder I have tried is Power Pistol because a friend gave me two containers of it.
Loaded it with 155 gr at 1225fps and it seems to shoot well enough but wondering if powder wise there are options that would be better.
Winchester WST. American version of n320 with a much more fair price

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Full power #9 gives me best accuracy and velocity with 180 & 200’s. I have a bunch of IMR 7625 and that works good for lighter stuff as does Win 244. Federal 165 syntec at 1050 FPS  makes a nice practice round with the 244. 

I have not loaded for 10mm, but I used some Ramshot Silhouette 2 years ago to kill a doe at 56yrds with my .40 cal. I was in the low 10mm velocities with it.  Super accurate too. 

I only reload 10mm at full power.  Otherwise, might as well just shoot 40S&W.  Anyway, I've used 11.8 gn of AA#7 under 165 gn Zero JHPs to get just north of 1300 fps out of a Witness Match 4.5" barrel.  I've done a bit of research on 10mm loads and both AA#9 and Power Pistol also seem to be popular among the full power people.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Longshot is good for full power loads, but I use Power Pistol at .2 grains under maximum with 200 gr 
Precision Delta bullets in bowling pin competitions.  Nice shooting, not quite as punishing a recoil like Longshot and a few others.  I have also used Unique, AA#7, and CFE Pistol, but just to try different powders.  I am happy with Power Pistol.  My gun is the Glock G40.

Edited by AlecThigpen

IMR 800x is probably one of the best 10MM powders, but a pain to meter out. It’s what I use for Nuclear loads.

AANo9 is right behind it, but flowers like water. It’s what I use for “plinking” full power loads.

Also used Power Pistol and Longshot but they aren’t up to the same level as 800x and No9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk