Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New aluminum grips

gnappi

With mail purchases being hit or miss with expectations I've come to "expect the worst, and accept the best" with regards to quality and fitment.

A set of Tanfo aluminum grips (I've never had aluminum grips) came in today for my Limited Custom and they far exceed my expectations. The OEM wood grips are OK, but these are slimmer (making the grip slimmer by over 1/4" in circumference) and provide better griping surface. Very cool.  

The problem is, now I want them on all of my Tanfos :-)

If anyone is on the fence about upgrading to Tanfo aluminum grips I think they're a good investment. 

Edited by gnappi

The gentleman at J&L is a very nice guy. Glad to hear you are enjoying your grips. I personally am a (also biased) fan of the Patriot Defense grips. Thin with crazy traction. My Second Pick is the Única Grips. It's a hard toss up. 

9 hours ago, Pippu_Paladin said:

I really love the Henning aluminum grips on my Witness. The stock plastic ones felt so bendy and cheap, then the "lava rock" ones I got off eBay really were like holding pumice stones. I like these much better.

Witness.jpg

I went to Henning first but they did not have any of the shorter grips for the magwell, so I got genuine Tanfo grips from EAA. 

As it happens as of today (7-1-20) EAA has the magwell grips IN STOCK in Elite style silver and black for $75.00 (model #102215 and X015 respectively) each. A pretty good deal.

Black

https://eaacorp.com/store/shop-full-width/parts/grips/tanfoglio-black-aluminum-grips-large-frame-with-magwell-x015/

Silver Elite

https://eaacorp.com/store/shop-full-width/parts/grips/10-standard-comp-frame-aluminum-grip-102215-10/

On 6/30/2020 at 10:56 AM, gnappi said:

A set of Tanfo aluminum grips far exceed my expectations

The problem is, now I want them on all of my Tanfos :-)

If anyone is on the fence about upgrading to Tanfo aluminum grips I think they're a good investment. 

I don't know much about Tanfos (I use STI's) but just got pair of STEEL grips

and they are INCREDIBLE.

Before you switch over all your guns to aluminum, you owe it to yourself to

at least try STEEL first.

2 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I don't know much about Tanfos (I use STI's) but just got pair of STEEL grips

and they are INCREDIBLE.

Before you switch over all your guns to aluminum, you owe it to yourself to

at least try STEEL first.

I hear you, I have a set of steel panels under my rosewood grips on my Gold Cup Delta 10mm. The bit of extra recoil reduction is GR8 for shooting pins! 

• 2 months later...
On 6/30/2020 at 10:13 PM, gnappi said:

In the above post I also received a Tanfo magwell, and I just ordered another magwell from them at: https://jandlgunsmithing.com  He said he has more left... I thought some of you might like to know. 

Nice guy, F-A-S-T shipping 

What magwell did you get?  I called him directly earlier this year about getting a Henning magwell and he said he didn't have any.  I then called Henning directly and he said he wasn't planning on making any in the near future (maybe that has changed?)

12 hours ago, chubs3a said:

What magwell did you get?  I called him directly earlier this year about getting a Henning magwell and he said he didn't have any.  I then called Henning directly and he said he wasn't planning on making any in the near future (maybe that has changed?)

I got two Tanfo OEM magwells for my frames and a couple of spares just in case I needed them later on, maybe I depleted his stock.

EAA does not seem to be bringing them in any more, it's weird. They do not have scope mounts either. 

• 2 weeks later...