Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
terrydoc

BOSS hanger mounting

Hi Guys

I'm looking for alternative methods of fitting a BOSS hanger to a larger width belt, I'm not a big fan of using a Tech-lok as it doesn't sit square on the tech-lok or on the BOSS plate due to dimensional differences. Has anyone used the Safariland ELS plate that Stoeger sells? 

BSPS BOSS DOH Holster Hanger system mount Dropped and Offset

Edited by terrydoc

I'm assuming that its a different plate than the 'standard' one they sell set up specifically for the QLS/ELS fork? Not a lot of info on it out there.

Actually never mind, I have a different configuration than what you're looking for.

From the belt outwards, I have 1.5" Belt -> BOSS Hanger -> QLS Female -> QLS Fork -> Holster

It seems you're looking for: 2.0" Belt -> ELS Female -> ELS Fork -> BOSS Hanger -> Holster

I used to run a 2.0" belt but made my own adapter out of aluminum. Regardless, your original ELS option with the BOSS hanger will work on your larger width belt.

Mine has been on a ELS for several years . No issues at all.

The one Im looking at has the ELS fork fitted to the hanger that's connected to the holster or that's how it looks to me.

Just looking at pictures of the naked hanger it's got a lot more holes in it than the one I currently have, early version only has the 4 holes for the belt plate. Hence the reason it doesn't fit the Tech-lok very well

Edited by terrydoc

I have a QLS on a couple of BOSS mounts with different holsters. Stays never solid, nice to be able to remove the holster on some non-pistol stages.