Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Runnin2live

Star Wars watching order

Who here believes the original Star Wars movies from the 70’s should be watched first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The movie takes on a whole new understanding when you watch them in order.

5 hours ago, Runnin2live said:

Who here believes the original Star Wars movies from the 70’s should be the only films watched?

Fixed it for you :)

So watch the old originals first, then the new ones? Or the new ones first?

Done it both ways. Watched in release order and watched in chronological order (SOLO then Rogue 1 before A New Hope)

7 minutes ago, Dranoel said:

A New Hope

Revisionist history.  ;) 

Watch Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.  Then for god's sake, stop. 

I liked Solo as a stand alone, just forget it's starwars movie.

My advice ?  Last 5 minutes of Rogue 1,  then the original trilogy,,, then stop. 

One thing I found odd was in the original films, the lightsaber fight scenes are really slow and weak (due to movie special effects of the time I'm sure), but then #'s 1-3 came out with really fast intense lightsaber battles that showed you just how badass the Jedi were using them, then #'s 7-9 went back to slow and weak battles. 

I love the ones that just said watch the original 3 then stop!

But I believe we are going with the release date order and all the way through. Then I can shut my millennial child up that praises the NEW ones so much

I always watch in chronological order. Even though I agree it makes the original light saber battles seem slow!

On 6/28/2020 at 11:34 PM, Runnin2live said:

Who here believes the original Star Wars movies from the 70’s should be watched first?

Those are the only ones that should be watched. And the Holiday Special in December.

We start tonight, so we will see. I just found out last night there are 9.

Never seen #1,2,3.  Seen the ones from the 70s/80s once.  Fell asleep in the theater during #7,8.  #9 was decent as an action/sci-fi/done on a green screen movie.  Watched the Holiday Special last year in chunks on youtube.  Not impressed.

Old enough to have watched IV A New Hope aka Star Wars when it originally released in the theater. When I, Phantom Menace aka Worst Ever came out my local theater had a midnight showing of Star Wars the day before. So I went, and what struck me as an adult was how damn whiny Luke was, and the very hand crafted nature of some of the practical effects.

While  I have seen most of the Star wars movies over the years, i can't think of anything I have done so horrible as to punish myself by having to watch any of them a second time.  I doubt  I ever finish the series

We have made it through the 3 originals so far. I also remember the movie theater we went and saw it when originally released. Long gone now.