Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz SPo1 Shadow reload's length question

Lynyrd

I know CZ barrel chambers are short, after my try with 124 gr round nose tips that I had to keep <1.090 other wise they would hit the lands. I switched to a flat point style tip (135 Gr) and it allow me more OaL (1.120) for my loads. I have switched top ends w/ new barrel on the pistol to include an optic mounted from Cz custom, recently every shooting session I have at least one miss feed (round wont chamber),  This round and others I extract from being chambered all seem to have a nicked tip. I am using epoxy coated tips, any suggestions or experience with this kind of issue? should I go back to a shorter OAL? 

I know CZ barrel chambers are short, after my try with 124 gr round nose tips that I had to keep <1.090 other wise they would hit the lands. I switched to a flat point style tip (135 Gr) and it allow me more OaL (1.120) for my loads. I have switched top ends w/ new barrel on the pistol to include an optic mounted from Cz custom, recently every shooting session I have at least one miss feed (round wont chamber),  This round and others I extract from being chambered all seem to have a nicked tip. I am using epoxy coated tips, any suggestions or experience with this kind of issue? should I go back to a shorter OAL? 

I have a shadow 2, TSO and Czechmate. I found out that the ogive of a given bullet plays a significant role in its seating depth. For example, RMR reloading’s JHP has a fatter ogive compared to Precision Delta’s JHP.

With that said, I can only load up to 1.110 for RMR’s JHP while I can load up to 1.150 on my TSO.

I merged the redundant treads here in the CZ forum to keep the conversation in one place. Cross posting is not necessary since most users use the "unread content" function to find new threads.

Thanks,

Chuck

1 hour ago, Lynyrd said:

Sounds like your both are using copper or jacketed bullets, alittle more costly. thanks for the input and the merge.  

I have also used Blue bullets, acme, BBI and  precision bullets. It’s the same thing. The bullets ogive determined how long I seat each particular bullet. The Precision coated bullets seated longer than the Blues, acme and BBI bullets.

11 hours ago, George16 said:

I have also used Blue bullets, acme, BBI and  precision bullets. It’s the same thing. The bullets ogive determined how long I seat each particular bullet. The Precision coated bullets seated longer than the Blues, acme and BBI bullets.

George,  that's what I am using Blue bullet 135gr. almost a flat point so I can get alittle more length out of them,  I made sure the plunk check is good that where my OAL. is now and what I am finding is the tips get dented as they chamber my question is should i shorten them to remove this possible feeding problem, if it will do anything at all, as minor as it is at this point, unless there another issue going on I am leaning towards my loads. or am I just preordained to copper plated/jacketed tips?   

10 hours ago, hal1955 said:

Campro is a brand of bullet. Yes, jacketed. No feeding problema at all in S2.

Thanks Hal, not in Canada and the $ conversion  and shipping would kill me. 

image.png

image.png

15 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

It all depends on the ogive of the bullet. I shoot Precision Delta 147FMJ's in my Shadow...loaded to 1.150, no issues at all. I tried some MG 124 JHP's, had to load them at 1.085. 

With 147 SNS coated flat point I had intermittent ftf issues when loading too short.

1.15 worked very well. None of my CZ barrels were throated. 

1 hour ago, IHAVEGAS said:

With 147 SNS coated flat point I had intermittent ftf issues when loading too short.

1.15 worked very well. None of my CZ barrels were throated. 

Ihave: I started at 1.125-1.130, I shorten to 1.170 -1.120 still doing in very intermediately (ftf), like once a shooting secession, @150 rounds, I thinking of 1.100 next try, its either get worst or go away.  

17 hours ago, Lynyrd said:

this round and others I extract from being chambered all seem to have a nicked tip.

Are you saying the bullet is hitting the barrel shroud and causing the nick and the FTF, I assume the nick was not there when you loaded it into the mag?

A picture might help.