Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun 407k/507k vs DDP For Open

bossk95

I just got a DDP mount for my Tanfoglio Gold Team and was trying to decide between the DDP and Holosuns.  I have been reading a lot about failed DDPs and having to send them in regularly for repair and I'm not willing to have an optic that needs to be sent in on a regular basis.  Has anyone running open with a DDP had any issues with them?  And has anyone been running either the Holosun 407k or 507k for open and what do you think about it?

DDPs and Holosun have two different mounting patterns.

If they were interchangeable I know of several people who 

would change from DDP to Holosun .  Just to see if they

would hold up.The DDPs are not.

Edited by AHI

8 hours ago, bossk95 said:

I just got a DDP mount for my Tanfoglio Gold Team and was trying to decide between the DDP and Holosuns.  I have been reading a lot about failed DDPs and having to send them in regularly for repair and I'm not willing to have an optic that needs to be sent in on a regular basis.  Has anyone running open with a DDP had any issues with them?  And has anyone been running either the Holosun 407k or 507k for open and what do you think about it?

The 407K and 507K Holosun optics are not yet widely available.  Those two specific models are "micro" dots with a narrower body and footprint that fit smaller pistols like the Sig P365 and 365XL or the Glock G43, 43X, or 48.  I would think there would be far better choices for your Tanfoglio in competition, including other models from Holosun.

21 minutes ago, 45 Raven said:

The 407K and 507K Holosun optics are not yet widely available.  Those two specific models are "micro" dots with a narrower body and footprint that fit smaller pistols like the Sig P365 and 365XL or the Glock G43, 43X, or 48.  I would think there would be far better choices for your Tanfoglio in competition, including other models from Holosun.

I'm not completely sold on either optic so I am very open to a better choice if there is one, the mount was fairly inexpensive so if i need to modify it for a better optic I have the means available to do so.  Is there a particular Holosun people most go to for open?

2 hours ago, OdinIII said:

There is no buy once , cry once optic. The SRO is the closest I’ve heard of so far but in your case, you have a DPP mount. The DPP is a fine optic. Use that as a starting place to learn what you need in an optic.

I know a couple people with SRO’s in stead of C Mores.