Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Camhabib

Favorite storage cases

Trying to find a case to fit a P320 with RDS. I have a large Pelican case with custom foam insert to store the remainder of my pistols, but the optic makes it too tall. Thoughts?

I cut out a piece of the foam insert to fit the Cmore slide ride on my Czechmate case. I had to do the same thing on the mag cutouts after installing CZC May extensions.

An Exacto knife will make it fit.

So the Sig cases are absolute crap. Not fitted foam, just two pieces of egg crate foam you sandwich the gun and magazines and everything else between. The hinge pins constantly fall out, latches are flimsy, it’s just junk. It’ll fit in with the dot attached, but I don’t expect the case would last more than one or two range trips without breaking.

Might depend on how far you toss it.....😃

8 hours ago, Camhabib said:

So the Sig cases are absolute crap. Not fitted foam, just two pieces of egg crate foam you sandwich the gun and magazines and everything else between. The hinge pins constantly fall out, latches are flimsy, it’s just junk. It’ll fit in with the dot attached, but I don’t expect the case would last more than one or two range trips without breaking.

Yeah, perhaps, but the OP was asking about a Pelican case and those are quite good and strong.  I was suggesting he customize the foam in the Pelican case to clear the red dot.

The Sig case my P365 came in is indeed just two pieces of egg crate but the rest doesn't seem as flimsy as you describe.  But, then I've never put much stress on it.

4 minutes ago, SteelCityShooter said:

Yeah, perhaps, but the OP was asking about a Pelican case and those are quite good and strong.  I was suggesting he customize the foam in the Pelican case to clear the red dot.

The Sig case my P365 came in is indeed just two pieces of egg crate but the rest doesn't seem as flimsy as you describe.  But, then I've never put much stress on it.

He’s the OP 😆

I don’t understand why he’s talking about the Sig cases now since he was talking about a Pelican case.

1 minute ago, George16 said:

He’s the OP 😆

I don’t understand why he’s talking about the Sig cases now since he was talking about a Pelican case.

Whoops, I missed that.  I don't get the change either.

He’s the OP

Sorry, let me clarify. Sig case is just a couple pieces of egg carton foam. Pelican case can’t be modified to fit a pistol with a sight. So I’m looking for options, for either a case just for this pistol, or to fit all of them including this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not buy another Pelican Case with Pick/Pluck foam?  Or you can get custom cut inserts, but that never seemed like it was worth the cost to me.

Can you upload a picture of your current pelican case?

I'm also assuming your sig case is just the standard flimsy plastic case the new guns come with?

These are great for pistols

https://www.caseclub.com/product-category/case-club-cases/gun-cases/

My favorite long gun cases are Boyt

https://boytharness.com/product-tag/gun-cases/?filter_brand=boyt-harness-company

Word of warning for storing long term in a plastic air tight case though... I don't because of moisture issues.