Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier Percentage

Stafford

When I look at my classifier record, I see a Percent and Hit Factor. The HF is the same number I see on my score for the classifier. However, the percent on my classifier record is not a number that I see on my score. How is the percent determined?

To get classifier percent, your hit factor is divided by high hit factor for this classifier and division. The way USPSA determines high hit factor is not completely disclosed. For 19 series classifiers, it's the average of the top 10 results shot at 2019 Nationals where those stages were first introduced (except for Revolver, where they average fewer). For older classifiers, USPSA looks at historical data, throws out outliers (by some definition of outlier), then averages top-something remaining. Except for Carry Optics, where Production numbers are used instead.

The percentage on your match score will be the percentage of the highest hit factor anyone at that match shot in your division on that stage (in other words, your percentage of the stage winner’s score), unless PractiScore is showing combined results, in which case it will show the percentage of the overall stage winner’s score. 

The percentage that counts towards you classification is your percentage of USPSA’s high hit factor  on record for your division for that stage.