Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Q5 SF broken firing pin

D_B_X

Does anyone know where to buy a firing pin/striker pin for Q5 SF?

I recently acquired a new Q5 SF. I love it so much that I decided to use for competition. However, just before tomorrow's match I discovered that the firing pin/striker pin is broken. I did a quick search and am not sure where to buy a new one. Any help would be much appreciated.

(To be honest I am quite surprised by this. I have had it for only 1 month and put about 2,500 rounds through.)

Q5SF_brokenPin.jpeg

26 minutes ago, ohsevenflhx said:

http://carlwalther.com/

My firing pin broke too. This it where I got mine. I bought 2. I think mine broke from dry fire. 

I had to call. If I remember correctly they are in the booneys and didn't have internet or something like that.

Thanks. I went through their website earlier but didn't find it.  I will try calling them, and Walther too, on Monday.

I haven’t broken one on my SF despite 10k rounds.  Walther does recommend using snap cap if dry firing  cocked trigger “to protect the striker”.  I just saw that today, but had not always used a snap cap up until now.  

I used snap cap a little when I started to learn shooting. I stopped using it after realizing its cost can quickly be much more than a new striker.

I think my case is an isolated incident. It is on its way back to Walther. Meanwhile I will get a spare (or two).

• 2 weeks later...

Called Walther. They sent me a form for warranty service. Sent in the broken striker assembly. Got in the mail today from Walther a brand new striker assembly free of charge. It took a while but I can't complain about the service.

• 3 months later...

I just had mine break the tip off the firing pin . I was lucky and had a spare.   Going to get another spare and hopefully get one from Walthers under warranty.  I have about 20,000 plus on the gun and a few minutes of dryfire lol 

• 2 months later...

The tip of the firing pin broke off on mine as well.  High round count gun and lots of dry fire.  I'm waiting on Walther's response, but may just end up sending in the whole gun since it's been acting up.  Oddly enough sometimes pulling the trigger will move the slide back and out of battery by around 1-1.5mm.