Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheek riser or new stock for my JP GMR-15

My JP has a standard Hogue Overmolded Carbine stock and I'd like a bit more room off the stock. Would anyone recommend a specific cheek riser for it - or just a new stock. I'm OK with the stock otherwise. Thanks.

Have you tried mounting the rifle higher than you would an AR for example? I am relatively new to PCC but I have worked on not moving my head down to meet the stock but mounting it higher and tighter than I would a more powerful rifle. If find it works better for me, and I can tell from my timer I am quicker on short drills and mini stage I set up. Everyone is different and that may not work for you. 

I have used the Magpul ACS-L (might have mixed up the letters there?) on two PCCs including the JP. It works very well but I recently decided I wanted something with a higher cheek weld. After looking around at adjustable stocks all I saw was WAY too expensive. So I bought some kydex for $12 and just added it to my stock. Taped some wood scraps to the stock then used a heat gun to soften the kydex and form it around the raised stock. Fastened it with small screws. Works like a charm. Had to buy a riser for my c-more and now I'm a lot more comfortable without my head so bent over.

I just received my GMR-15.   I mounted a Cmore railway on it, and had a tactical riser on hand.  I tried it both ways and preferred it with the riser.  If you are looking for a better cheek weld due to your optic, you may consider raising your optic. It doesn't take much to make a real difference.  

Thanks all. Tried to just hold higher but old habits die hard, I guess. I’ll take a look at elevating the Cmore , although I love how it’s dead-on right now, and the Magpul. I don’t think I’d do a very good DIY solution, myself, in comparison but a good idea, too. I’ll be sure to report back. Thanks.