Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Glock 34 Several Light Strikes

mechthor44

First, Hello, 

Just joined today. I was hoping for a little help with my question below. Thank you in advance!!

Brand new G34 Gen5, stock except for a Alpha Wolf threaded barrel.Was using Glock 17 round and 24 round magazines. I had at least 2 light strikes every 5 - 6 rounds. Was shooting 

Sellier & Bellot 9mm luger 124 grain ammo. Anyone have an idea on what the problem could be and or what i should do. Just got the gun on the 23rd, and took to the range on the 24th.

Any information would be great, thank you!!

Put stock barrel back in. If problem goes away it’s the the barrel. If problem doesn’t go away then it’s the ammo. One thing to check is the safety plunger. Take slide apart and check plunger for any markings that could indicate the firing pin hitting it.

Thank you for you response. I am going to hit the range with the original barrel today, not sure how it could cause light strikes, but you are not the first one who said it

is possible. Kind of hope it's not the barrel, but i'll see.  Thanks again!

1 minute ago, bcane98 said:

Did you clean all the shipping oils from it?  When I purchase guns I do a full cleaning tip to tail, all the internals, and then apply Lucas Gun Oil... new and/or used.

No, I did not think to do so, thought it would come out the box shooting. I did oil the few spots they recommend for Glock, but did not clean it, but will now.  Thank you. 

For your problem, remove the firing pin assembly and clean the channel with some q-tips. It needs to be dry.

And like rooster said, check the safety plunger for nicks or dings around the narrower portion in the middle, though I think it unlikely. 

I would NOT recommend lubing the gun. It came with some of that copper grease on it and that should be plenty of lube for your first thousand or so rounds. Glocks actually run better dry. If you got any line in the firing pin channel, that needs to be cleaned out., as previously mentioned. Also putting the stock barrel in “should” solve the problem. Maybe the aftermarket barrel is just slightly off and sometimes prevents the slide from going fully forward. It may not be enough to notice visually.

Also, for future reference, always take a new gun to the range and put 50-100 rounds through it before you start tweaking things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk