Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First IRC winner?

vvshooter

Hello all was looking at all the Past IRC scores and noticed the first winner was  Micheal Plaxico. After the first I dont see his name. What happened to him? Also has any put to paper the history of past IRC,s and it competitions. 

J Michael Plaxico was a great competitor at the first IRC.  After that he never made it back and Jerry Michulec  came and dominated the IRC for the next 20 years.  It was fun to shoot with both of them.  I learned a bunch for Plaxico and watching Jerry over the years was more than a simple pleasure.

Hey Steve, we might have met, don't know? I too was an Arizona shooter at IRC back in the day. Was geared up to attend the first in 92, but wife had auto accident 3 days prior to me leaving, so I didn't attend that year, but made the trip in 93&94, which I see you attended too. I knew most all the Az shooters in that time frame but your name escapes my age fogged mind:)

V (Vic)

We may have well met, I attended a lot of matches all over the Country,  mostly Western, in the late 80s and 90s.  Also went to a number of matches - mostly Nationals - at PASA in Illinois.  The first match I ever shot was the Nationals in Dallas back in 83 or 84.

• 1 month later...

I worked the first IRC as a Range Officer-it was a great experience, and Mike Plaxco was a lot of fun to have around. A great experience to stand right behind him and watch him shoot. Everyone had hoped that Jerry Miculek would be there too, but he couldn't make it-IIRC, he was either I'll or recovering from an injury of some kind.

The match was originally scheduled somewhere in the LA area but moved to San Diego (Lemon Grove Rod and Gun Club range in Alpine) on short notice-due to the riots following the Rodney King verdict I believe.

Anyway it was a great time and the couple who ran the first one were very cool people. Glad to see it's still going after all these years.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

On 6/24/2020 at 7:03 PM, Vic said:

Sorry Steve, wrong Steve! Was addressing  AzShooter, he is a Steve too.

Steven Bressan.  Yeah we probably know each other.  I was at the firs12 then had to take a few years off and started up again for a number of years.  That first one was a blast.  Alpine Grove was where my wife grew up so she knew the location.  I also like the ones in Colorado.  Always had a good time.  I even came in 10th at the first 2 matches.  I went thinking no one could beat me but to my surprise...LOL.