Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost 360 mag holder fix

mpeltier

Been playing around with these for a short time now. First trip to the range I broke one, as seems common from a search I did, but no real fix came up. To Ghost's credit they sent me another. It was a place where the mounting/adjustment screw attaches to the hanger. It appears to be made in two pieces and liquid welded at the factory. Its possible lock tite off gases and weekens the joint, as I did use lock tite on the screw. I believe I have come up with a permanent, cheap, easy fix for it.

I went to the hardware store and purchased a M5x16 flathead screw and a thin fender washer for each pouch. I used a counter sink drill to relieve the washer for the screw and replaced the factory attachment screw and rubber grommet with the new screw and washer. It effectively clamps the pouch body to the hanger. Totally relieving the two piece welded part of the pouch of any stress that may break it. It makes the pouch solidly attached so you can't grab the pouch and adjust it as designed, but I thought that was stupid anyway. I was able to affectively fix the broken one this way as well. The little thickness behind the leaf spring is not enough to interfere with the magazine.

360 1.jpg

360 2.jpg

360 3.jpg

360 4.jpg

360 5.jpg

Edited by mpeltier

34 minutes ago, AHI said:

Answer about Lock-tight.  It can react with some plastics .

Yup, that's why I mentioned it. Funny thing though that they have been out a while and haven't seen any warning about lock-tite with them by the company. When I contacted them, no mention of it either. If the plastic/weld joint is effected by lock-tite they should inform us.

On 6/22/2020 at 8:38 PM, AHI said:

I believe the warning is on the tube of lock-tight. Not sure thow. 

Not really. Just the warning "Not for use on plastics" implying plastic fasteners. No mention of it reacting with plastics in a negative way. It sounds more like a performance issue of the locktite not locking properly on plastic fasteners. Im not spreading it on the plastic at all anyway, just a tiny bit on the tip of the metal screw head threaded into the metal backer nut. Just like many of us do to our holsters and related gear. Never had any issue with any plastic gear in the past.