Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case bulging/ firing out of battey

b2alpha

I got a question for those who experienced bulged brass, which recoil springs are you using

I just got a legion and so far have I have only used the springs that came with the gun

so the question is were you using  factory length springs or the shorter 1911 spring and what weight?

• 5 months later...

I thought this was all a myth but I finally saw it with my own eyes. Buddy of mine was shooting his new P320 compact (I believe it may have been a little older model because he did have to send it in for the voluntary upgrade) and after 100 rounds had a case blow. Luckily no injury and looks like the only damage to the gun was the blown up extractor. He was shooting 115 gr factory ammo. 

I have a P320 compact, X-Five and X-Five Legion all with 1000’s of rounds with no issues. (Knock on wood). Curious if the consensus is that it’s a combo of a bad ammo and unsupported chamber ? Or is the chamber completely out of tolerances? 

D91D68C9-3026-409C-91A9-7FE938B3388D.jpeg

Wow ! I have never seen this in my guns - I have been shooting an X5 in CO since 2018, and have 25000 rounds through it. I just got a 2nd this Spring, and have 5000 through that.  Do we think that this is inherent in the gun, and if I have not seen it yet, I may not have to worry ? 

I've had Dansegli X5 for over 12 months now ( not much use this year) but have not had any bulge case issues at all. Mainly shooting Syntech 150gn and 148gn reloads and even 125gn all minor IPSC loads (130ish PF.

Edited by terrydoc

• 9 months later...