Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings from North FL

madmosche

Hello everyone...new member introduction. I have been doing local USPSA-style 2 Gun matches in North Florida for about a year now, and I'm just getting into reloading. I've got the new Lee APP press and I'm loading 9mm with coated lead bullets (BBI and Blue Bullets), and planning to load .223 and .300 BLK soon. I've come across this forum while doing google searches for load data and trim lengths so I decided to sign up. Seems like my kind of forum, and lots of knowledgeable people, so I'm glad to be here.

Feel free to say hello, give me advice about reloading or shooting 2-Gun, or ask me questions about my reloading so far on the App press system. Stay safe everyone!

1 hour ago, George16 said:

Welcome from NE Florida.

Do you shoot at any of the three clubs up here namely SEPSA, SAPSA or ACPSA? Is the USPSA 2 gun you shoot at run by FDCC?

Thanks everyone...I’m near Alachua. So far I’ve only been competing at the ShootGTR facility in Gainesville. Can you recommend other pistol or 2-gun matches in the area? I’m not familiar with those clubs you mentioned except I’ve heard of NFDCC (North FL Defensive Carbine) who does some matches.

Edited by madmosche
Spelling

28 minutes ago, madmosche said:

Thanks everyone...I’m near Alachua. So far I’ve only been competing at the ShootGTR facility in Gainesville. Can you recommend other pistol or 2-gun matches in the area? I’m not familiar with those clubs you mentioned except I’ve heard of NFDCC (North FL Defensive Carbine) who does some matches.

SEPSA is Southeast Practical Shooters Assn in Yulee. Matches are held every second Saturday of the month. SAPSA is St. Augustine Practical Shooters Assn. and holds matches every third Saturday of the month at the FOP range in st. Augustine across the outlet mall. ACPSA is Ancient City Practical Shooters Assn. and holds matches every fourth Saturday of the month at the Ancient City Shooting range across the outlet mall too. It’s the same place FDCC 2 gun matches are held every last Sunday of the month.

We have a lot of shooters coming from Gainesville after they stop having USPSA matches at GTR. We probably know the same people that shoot there since I’m also the club treasurer and stats guy for SAPSA. Majority of shooters shooting at any of these clubs also shoots in the other clubs. 

These are the only clubs up here which are very active and turnout is pretty good. I shoot at all four clubs so I pretty much know majority of the shooters.

PM me if you need additional or specific info.

Edited by George16
Spelling

I looked those up online, but I mostly found websites or Facebook pages that haven’t been updated in years. Are all of those clubs still active?

St Augustine is a pretty good haul, but I found this NFDCC which does 2-gun matches monthly at Bradford Sportsman’s Farm in Graham, FL. Is that different from the FDCC you mentioned?

thanks again for the info 

40 minutes ago, madmosche said:

I looked those up online, but I mostly found websites or Facebook pages that haven’t been updated in years. Are all of those clubs still active?

St Augustine is a pretty good haul, but I found this NFDCC which does 2-gun matches monthly at Bradford Sportsman’s Farm in Graham, FL. Is that different from the FDCC you mentioned?

thanks again for the info 

All three USPSA clubs I mentioned are very much active. The Facebook pages hasn’t been updated for a while.

In fact, we just had the Sapsa match last Saturday. ACPSA will be this coming Saturday. The FDCC match I’m talking about is different from the FDCC match in Graham. Just go to PractiScore to sign up for the ACPSA match this Saturday. Registration is now open.

I live in Jacksonville so all four matches are about 30-35  minutes from my house.